The Great Barrington Declaration

Simon Hogg
👍 2

Wed 21 Oct 2020, 21:33

The Barrington Declaration can be signed by anyone, it's nonsense and liked by the Daily Heil and others of a similar ilk.

Hans Eriksson
👍 4

Wed 21 Oct 2020, 16:17 (last edited on Wed 21 Oct 2020, 16:18)

Sweden often comes up as a model how to handle Sars-Cov2. Tragically we tried herd immunity but it failed completely with 10 times as many deaths as the other Nordic countries, and the same hit to the economy down 8%. Because we failed to protect the vulnerable. If Sweden can't do that who can?

Disclosure I am Swedish so I know perfectly well what's going on there - in contrast to e.g. journalists in the Torygraph, Daily Fail and others who haven't got the foggiest.

More here - written by an American professor who lives in Sweden. 

https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/

Andrew Chapman
👍 3

Wed 21 Oct 2020, 15:53

This thread is no doubt heading for the debate forum now, but Brian, in the interests of balance, I'd also urge you to read this for a broader, scientific perspective on the Great Barrington gang's hoped-for herd immunity: https://medium.com/@gidmk/the-facts-about-herd-immunity-and-covid-19-3230616b70a3

Brian Murray
👍 1

Wed 21 Oct 2020, 11:26

The declaration makes interesting reading and can be found at gbdeclaration.org.

Despite a Spectator article stating that the writer had to trawl through ten pages of Google to find direct access to it, the Great Barrington Declaration now comes out at the top.

Matthew Greenfield
👍 1

Tue 20 Oct 2020, 15:53

Well I’m sure there’s quite a lot of livestock round there. Maybe that’s how they got the idea for “herd” immunity?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 2

Tue 20 Oct 2020, 14:19

I’ve had some fantastical ideas courtesy of a few pints of Addlestones in the Fox in Great Barrington. But not that fantastical…

Matthew Greenfield
👍 1

Tue 20 Oct 2020, 14:17

Surely not - fake news!

Nick Millea
👍 1

Tue 20 Oct 2020, 12:39

I believe there's a rival Great Barrington … in Massachusetts … and that's the one responsible for the "declaration".

Matthew Greenfield
👍 1

Tue 20 Oct 2020, 12:21

Who knew this local village was such a hotbed of controversial scientific opinions backed by dodgy funding?! I will see it in a different light when I next take a short cut through there...

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.