Permitted development

Kate Pook
👍

Mon 19 Oct 2020, 22:25

Thanks all for your helpful feedback - I’m still waiting 2 weeks later but I expect to get something back soon. 

Hans Eriksson
👍 1

Mon 12 Oct 2020, 11:02

I think our district council WODC is very good at preplanning advice. It's free and they do respond quite quickly, once in 2017 within 24 hours and now in Covid times July this year 17 days. They will not answer phone calls on this matter, you must fill in the form and supply the documents required. For many the hardest part may be the drawing of the proposed development, but they do accept hand drawings as long as they are reasonably to scale. BTW architects sometimes do not recommend preplanning advice, this is plainly wrong. Permitted development rules or not - which may not apply in AONB/Conservation areas - it's always best to have the district council on your side.

Andrew Chapman
👍

Mon 12 Oct 2020, 07:48 (last edited on Mon 12 Oct 2020, 07:51)

Even outside the conservation area, if you're inside the Cotswolds AONB (all of Charlbury is) permitted development still doesn't generally apply without the council giving you specific indication. As Liz suggests, you're best off making a 'pre-application' first. See https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/planning-and-building/planning-permission/get-advice-on-your-application/

Liz Leffman
👍 4

Sun 11 Oct 2020, 22:45 (last edited on Sun 11 Oct 2020, 22:47)

The relevant information is on the WODC website, https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/planning-and-building/planning-permission/find-out-if-you-need-planning-permission/

If you are living within the Charlbury conservation area, permitted development probably doesn't apply and it is therefore safest to make an application before you do any work. If you do not need permission officers will let you know. There is a map of the conservation area on the website.

Kate Pook
👍

Sun 11 Oct 2020, 21:53 (last edited on Sun 11 Oct 2020, 22:11)

Hi! Has anyone ever had any success extending their home using permitted development? I'm finding it very hard to get a reply from the council. I just don't know if it's even worth trying for a small extension? Has anyone had any luck in Charlbury on this? Thanks so much, Kate 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.