Green Grants for Homes

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Sat 10 Oct 2020, 22:39 (last edited on Sun 11 Oct 2020, 08:44)

John, I recommend https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/green-homes-grant/ for advice on this. 

You can only get grants for secondary improvements if you also find an approved installer who can install primary improvements. Also the grant for the secondary improvements can't be more than that for the primary improvements.  

Your proposed loft insulation might count as primary, but only for the top-up level which might not give you much of a grant. You need to look at the list which is very specific, and also very restrictive. 

I decided some time ago that I will have no chance for the various energy improvements that I need. In addition, there are a limited number of improved installers, and many on the short list of improved installers are already saying that they can't complete the work within the limited time-frame. 

Good luck! 

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 10 Oct 2020, 22:31

There is  a project called Cosyhomes/Cosihomes (sp?) which has its admin base in Charlbury - check them out!

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 10 Oct 2020, 18:20

John, this thread was very good:

https://www.charlbury.info/forum/7066#39329

Although I recall someone pointing out that the Government Grant was only approved by an Assessor, so he/she decided what you were eligible for, not you!

I don't know enough about it but would be interested to see if we could have more double glazing (and probably more loft insulation).  Most of our windows are doubled glazed but our front and back doors are not.

I'd be interested to know how you get on!

John Dora
👍 1

Sat 10 Oct 2020, 11:58

Anyone locally know about/ could help me with the new scheme that started I think last month? I want to replace our old gas central heating with something climate friendly. The loft could do with better insulation too, and would need stacks of stored stuff moved as well! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.