Masonry Bees

Maureen Sparling
👍

Fri 2 Oct 2020, 12:59

Just trying to stop the house falling down Simon!  I haven’t blocked their way in by the bathroom, just can’t see how they’re getting in.  There are plenty still buzzing about outside the window.

Thank you Chris I will phone the number you gave.  I really don’t want to harm them.  Just want them to relocate!

Simon Walker
👍

Fri 2 Oct 2020, 12:40

If they are still around at this time of year, then they are almost certainly not mason bees.  Those are solitary bees that will have finished their life-cycle by late summer, with next year's generation safely tucked away ready to emerge next spring.  Anyway, whatever they are, maybe they're having to come inside simply because you have blocked up their front doors by repointing the outside wall?

Chris Wastie
👍

Fri 2 Oct 2020, 12:29

Maureen try 01993 830327 ime sure he will advise you the best way of dealing with your bee problem not killing them  i think his name is Dave     Chris Wastie

Maureen Sparling
👍

Fri 2 Oct 2020, 12:19

A colony has shared my cottage with me for several years, drilling away quite happily (I was told by local beekeeper) at the mortar between the stonework during the summer months, which I regularly repoint.  However, they have now moved to stonework round my bathroom window and are venturing inside.  I had hoped with the cooler wet weather they might disappear but no. Each day I am having to dispose of at least a dozen dead ones and let out a few live ones.  They are now becoming a pest!  Can anyone help please?  I have already contacted the council but they are not interested.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.