Smashed wing mirrors

ken jones
👍

Sun 13 Jul 2008, 13:09

postings removed again richard

Andy Godfrey
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 18:52

I had mine smashed on Nine Acres Lane a couple of weeks ago, but on the pavement side!

roger short
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 12:23

Ian you should set up a camera where you are to capture some of these moments ,it would certainly make some interesting watching .I wait for my wife outside the co-op sometimes and it never ceases to amaze me with what some drivers do ,i think it would suprise people to see how they behave .

Ian Taylor
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 12:18

Five minutes idly gazing out of the windows of the Spendlove Centre usually rewards you with some absolutely shocking driving.

Mark Purcell
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 11:17

Of course I do exactly what you suggest, and I take great care to park carefully. For what it's worth, my suspicion is the culprits are probably people who ought not to be on the road at all. I don't know if I was the only one to spot yesterday a small car making a stately 10 m.p.h. progress through the centre of the town, and then parking very carefully two and a half feet out from the kerb? My suspicion is that it's driver of this ilk who do most of the driving into parked cars. This at least would be a charitable explanation for why the culprits never, ever leave a note to admit responsibility - that they haven't even noticed that they have hit someone.

roger short
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 10:56

Mark ,it is very often white van man that causes more damages than bus drivers with the exception of one of worths bus drivers who should not be on the road ,let alone driving a bus.But back to your problem ,would it not be possible to turn your wing mirrors in when parked and hope that by some miracle they miss your wing mirror. Some of the car drivers in charlbury leave a lot to be desired though.

Mark Purcell
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 10:05

Last week, my third in eighteen months, in Market Street. I simply don't know what people are playing at - it's not that difficult to drive down a one-way street without hitting stationary vehicles, is it? I used to think it was buses, but they don't come this way any longer, and we don't actually see many lorries these days. Has anyone else had this problem recently? I am beginning to suspect a pattern.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.