Street Fair postponed

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Mon 14 Sep 2020, 07:14

Understood. And there are alternatives to JustGiving such as Golden Giving which don’t take a cut but still allow you to get details for reclaiming gift aid. They are easy to set up - we have one for the Community Centre. 

Steve Jones
👍 1

Sun 13 Sep 2020, 18:28

Tanya,

I will check with our Treasurer, Carolyn Ashton as there may be concerns about security with posting bank account details, but it's a great idea to have a way of making donations. The easy way is setting up a "Just Giving" site, and we might do that and then, for those that would prefer not to give a slice of money to some US corporation, provide a more secure way of providing the account details.

In the meantime, there is an email account for the treasurer on the CSF website which you can see here.

http://charlburystreetfair.org/essentials/

Tanya Stevenson
👍 1

Sun 13 Sep 2020, 18:15

Perhaps you could put up bank details here and on your website so people can make donations? The website still says the Street Fair is on and I can’t find any way to send a donation. I think many people in Charlbury would if it was easy to do so. 

Steve Jones
👍 1

Sun 13 Sep 2020, 17:11

We have another auction item, a very nice print donated by Jody O'Reilly of the egg throwing competition. People may recall that, last year, Jody donated one of her limited edition of prints commemorating the 300th anniversary of the birth of Larcum Kendal and it proved very popular (John Dora put in the winning bid last year).

I'm going to put a definitive list of items on the Charlbury Street Fair news page, including a picture of the print. Perhaps we could even find a cooperative owner of a local emporium to display it in a shop window...

I'm also going to look into the possibility of producing a regular update on the state of the bids via the Charlbury site news page and the Facebook page every day until the 19th.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sun 13 Sep 2020, 15:28

This is very sad but hope that everyone has supported the Corner House and Memorial Hall on Saturday  - contact me for any Draw tickets.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Sat 12 Sep 2020, 17:12

Charlbury Street Fair Auction 2020

A Pair of Full Weekend Wilderness Tickets for 2021

Ditchley Tour 2021 Tour and tea with the Bursar for a party of up to 6 persons Timing will be from 2.15 pm through to 4 pm.

A one-day printmaking workshop where you can learn about printmaking and make prints. Choose from one of the following - Monotype Printmaking - Relief Printmaking (linocut) - Intaglio Printmaking (engraving and etching) -Lino Etching -Collagraph.  Each workshop will start at 10.00 a.m. with an introduction to the process, and end at around 4.00 p.m. Lunch will be provided as well as tea and coffee during the day. All materials will be included.

1x Personal Training Session and programme with Jason at Charlbury Community Centre Gym.

Two month gym membership of Charlbury Community Centre Gym

Breakfast for two at Lucy's Tea Room, Stow on the Wold with a trip in a Morgan sports car there and back from Charlbury.

A bottle of house of commons wine

To make a bid Please email csfraffleauction2020@gmail.com with your highest bid.

Final Bid by Saturday 19th of September at 6pm

Liz Leffman
👍

Sat 12 Sep 2020, 17:01 (last edited on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 17:01)

Please can someone point me in the direction of the silent auction?  I have read about it but can find no link to it anywhere.

Peter Kenrick
👍 3

Sat 12 Sep 2020, 16:16

Yes - sad but unavoidable.  Many thanks to the Street Fair team for all the work they have put into trying to keep the event going.  I know from personal experience how much effort this takes.

If you enjoy Street Fair and care about the future of the Corner House and Memorial Hall, please support the cause by buying raffle tickets, bidding in the auction and/or making a donation to Street Fair.

If you would have been there to enjoy the fun on the 20th, why not consider donating some of the money you would have spent on the day?  I fully support Tim's suggestion of a Justgiving page but I know the team will be only too pleased to accept donations anyway.

Thanks again to the team and let's look forward to 2021!  

John Dora
👍 3

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 14:08

Gareth, just to say raffle tickets will be sold Saturday at the Farmers' Market and on 19th which was to be 'the' day likely across from the Coop and outside the Corner House. 

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 13:35

Sad indeed, but unavoidable.

Could it be clarified where raffle tickets are available from?

Kathy Broughton
👍 3

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 13:03

Sad news, but the wise thing to do this year. The Street Fair folks work so hard to make it a success. Let's hope the bits that remain are supported.

Rosemary Bennett
👍 1

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 12:12

Very sad indeed, and especially for the ⭐️Street Fair Team⭐️ who work so hard to keep this going.  We will get some raffle tickets and do the silent auction. 

Jackie Hague
👍 4

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 10:41

It is very sad. Thank you to the whole Street Fair team for your endeavours. We shall look forward to next year’s event. 

Rachael Lunney
👍 4

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 10:35

We got great auction lot

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 10

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 10:08 (last edited on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 16:44)

Sad to hear that the street fair has been postponed but it was the right decision in the current circumstances, could I suggest that the street fair committee set up a " Just giving " page ?

I know that the raffle is still going ahead and as Racheal reminded us that the silent auction is still going  to be held which is great , don't forget you can also buy your raffle tickets at the farmers market tomorrow, but by having a  "Just Giving" page this would allow people to still make a donation to the street fair from their own home, especially as I have heard that even if the street fair was to of proceeded  that some people would still not of wanted to attend as they want to keep in their own safety bubble which is of course understandable, so a " Just giving " page would be a great idea, I know " Just giving" take a percentage but surely some money is better than no money as at the end of the day it all goes to help raise much needed funds for the corner house and war memorial hall.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.