New Testament Greek in Charlbury

John Partington
👍 1

Thu 10 Sep 2020, 08:26

My advice is that they're educational and that the number therefore won't be a problem.

Leah Fowler
👍

Thu 10 Sep 2020, 06:18

Are these classes social or educational under new legislation? 

John Partington
👍

Wed 9 Sep 2020, 09:51

Thank you, Sue. It is indeed fascinating:  after more than fifty years I'm still learning.

Eleven people have signed up so far for the Greek course, which is great.  Still room for a few more!

sue holiday
👍

Sun 6 Sep 2020, 20:36

I found each "Lost in Translation" session utterly fascinating, so recommend this opportunity to learn New Testament Greek to everyone. Many thanks to John for his time and effort in sharing his gift with Charlbury. 

John Partington
👍

Sun 6 Sep 2020, 18:48

Following the recent 'Lost in Translation' series (and thank you to those who took part - a great help towards my eventual book), I've been asked to run a course for those who would like to learn New Testament Greek.

Essentially it's a slightly simplified form of classical Greek, and like Latin and other dead languages is learnt to be read rather than spoken.  After less than two years of fortnightly sessions you'll be able to read the New Testament in the language in which it was written.

The course is aimed particularly at adults (including older adults for whom memory is no longer our keenest faculty), and will take the opportunity of using our language-learning to dig a little deeper into the theology of the New Testament authors.  You don't need to be a Christian to enjoy the course .. and indeed if you are a traditionally-minded believer, be prepared to re-examine some of your assumptions!

More details of the course (Tuesday lunchtimes, beginning on September 22nd) are here.  Contact me on 07555 608780 or john@pjohnp.me.uk if you're interested, however hesitantly.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.