Roger, could you implement a "withdrawn by poster" option?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 1 Jul 2008, 17:24

Sorry - as I had meandered off topic with Roger in a morphinated state anyway, and put down the wrong name to start with, I thought it best to start a new thread completely to avoid confusion if anyone wanted to discuss the issue. I know it may require some work to implement but it is quite common and avoids embarrassment or flamewars!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 1 Jul 2008, 17:12

Posting the same thing repeatedly to differently-titled threads doesn't make your request happen any faster, Malcolm! I'll have a think. Certainly many forums have an 'edit' option and it'd be technically easy to do.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 1 Jul 2008, 17:03

Following a posting I thought I'd not posted but did, just by going "back" on the webbrowser didn't seem to prevent it being posted or perhaps I hit the key on autopilot, it would be nice to have an option like on the venerable CIX conferencing system where the poster can withdraw things, like when having second thoughts if lose temper with someone or are zonked on medications and insomnia like I was... How much work would it be to provide that facility? I suspect a lot of people have said things that a couple of minutes later they would like to unsay. And sure a couple of people might see them in the meantime, but they wouldn't hang around to embarrass the poor nit who put them up in the first place with a poster withdraw option :-((

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 1 Jul 2008, 16:59

Because I'm being a dyslexic nitwit (I'm dyslexic but would probably take issue with the accusation of nitwit as a full time appellation but I do lapse...) and I meant RICHARD. Doh! I am always getting names mixed up, left and right mixed up, general speech aphasia (use wrong words…

Long post - click to read full text

roger short
👍

Tue 1 Jul 2008, 10:39

Malcolm i must be having a bad day myself or it could be the weather but why are you asking me toimplement a withdrawn by poster option .Whats that all about ??????????????

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Mon 30 Jun 2008, 16:26

Following a posting I thought I'd not posted but did, just going "back" on the webbrowser didn't seem to prevent it being posted or perhaps I hit the key on autopilot, it would be nice to have an option like on the venerable CIX conferencing system where the poster can withdraw things, like when having second thoughts if lose temper with someone or are zonked on medications and insomnia like I was... How much work would it be to provide that facility? I suspect a lot of people have said things that a couple of minutes later they would like to unsay, and sure a couple of people might see them, but they wouldn't hang around to embarrass the poor nit who put them up in the first place :-((

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.