Face coverings in the Community centre

Kim Sale
👍 6

Tue 1 Sep 2020, 21:37

I don't know Hannan but I think there is enough demand to keep everyone in business. I sold quite a few in the early days but now the demand has lessoned (thankfully as it was a struggle to keep up with the demand for a couple of weeks). 

It's great to be able to create something useful during these strange times and I'm eternally grateful to local folk for supporting me when normal work all but disappeared 🙂

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 5

Tue 1 Sep 2020, 20:21

Nothing to be confused over Laura  merely replying to Hannen's question regarding who sells most, it's not a competition  merely that we are both supplying a service and that's all that matters, and keeping as much shopping local as possible and away from the internet where possible.

Laura Macy
👍 4

Tue 1 Sep 2020, 18:51

I'm confused by this thread. Tim, would buying from Kim via the community centre not be shopping local? No doubt people are buying online, but Kim lives and sells locally, and I believe she is making the masks herself (though perhaps I'm wrong). Selling them at the reasonable price she does (and you do) seems a nice way to combine community service with enterprise. I applaud you both. And surely there's enough demand that it needn't be a contest.

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 1 Sep 2020, 17:06

Agree Tim.

We are lucky in that my Wife's Aunt is a seamstress and has been churning these out foc since March.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't sell them.  As a commercial enterprise, one must!

So we have a good stock, as do her local Hospitals/Surgeries.

They are cloth so need to be washed after each use.  Washing machine is fine, but I learned the hard way that ironing is not good for the elastic!

We also have some disposable ones that we keep in the car, just in case we forget to take our cloth ones.

Who could have seen this coming?!

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 1

Tue 1 Sep 2020, 16:26 (last edited on Tue 1 Sep 2020, 16:30)

Hannen no doubt people buy from the internet a lot more, but if they shop local they can see what they are buying, here at Cotswold frames we use about 5 different companies just for face masks as they all have different fit possibilities adults and children's versions are available in the washable material types and in lots of colours and patterns for every occasion , but also not forgetting the disposable one use type, ideal for hospital and dentist visits.

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 1 Sep 2020, 13:15

I wonder who is selling more?  You or Tim?  ;-)

Kim Sale
👍 1

Tue 1 Sep 2020, 12:13

I've just topped up the box of washable face coverings at the Community centre. Plenty of dark coverings as requested for school children.

If you don't find what you are looking for please make contact.

kimfaz@btinternet.com

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.