ChOC

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Sun 30 Aug 2020, 15:46

Sad to read the article in the "Chronicle".

Btw, for a few months, I helped Lynette produce it.

It's got harder to get volunteers for anything.  Perhaps because they believe that pulling down statues of people of whom they know little, is a better use of their time.  It does nothing to further their cause, but one admires the naivety, and passion of youth.

Hats off to Jackie and Steve, and also Jon Carpenter, and Angela Gwatkin for being the backbone of ChOC for so many years.  Also the lovely Jean Adams and the late Richard Cocks, who was such a wonderful mentor to me when I was Chairman.

It's only if you have been involved in such undertakings that you realise how much work is involved.  Selecting the films appropriate for the Charlbury audience, sorting out the licensing, getting the kit ready and operating it (special thanks to Steve for that!) and then turning up on the night to put out the chairs and other equipment, and packing them away after.  I think that some people regard it as "get a film and show it".  No, it's not that easy.  If you throw in the publicity (essential) as well, you are talking about many many hours of hard work. 

Lots of volunteers needed for such an undertaking.  

And let's not forget ChocLive which was so much fun. Many thanks to Harriet Baldwin, Christine Battersby and all the others for those really fun events.

Inevitably I've left many off the list, for which I apologise.  

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.