Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 24 Aug 2020, 11:51

Many apologies I hadn’t realised that.

John Partington
👍 2

Mon 24 Aug 2020, 11:43

Which books, Susie?  All the proceeds from Corner House books (and from books donated from my own stock) are going to the Corner House.

The £100 I referred to comes from the sale of Wychwood Press titles, which Jon Carpenter has asked me to sell for CRAG, but at my suggestion is sharing the proceeds with the Corner House.  All the money from general book donations is going to the Corner House etc, since I'm running an online version of the Corner House bookshop.

Quite separately people are asking me to sell books for them, at auction or online, and in the process (and by agreement) I pass 10% of the proceeds to charity .. currently the Corner House.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 1

Mon 24 Aug 2020, 10:51

Personally, although I have nothing against CRAG, these books would normally go to just the Corner House or Street Fair, both supporting the Corner House and Memorial Hall.

John Partington
👍 2

Mon 24 Aug 2020, 10:33 (last edited on Mon 24 Aug 2020, 10:34)

Yes, I'm always glad to take in books to sell for charity.  I've made £700 for the Corner House since the virus struck and £100 for CRAG.  I'll gladly collect from you (or anyone else) .. or you can bring them to my house, 32 The Slade, or (for smaller amounts) leave them at the Corner House during Cornerstone opening hours.

Thanks to everyone for your brilliant support, and to Neil Pakenham Walsh and the Corner House gang for letting me run amok upstairs there until my loft has been converted and the books can come home.

I'm also always glad to receive maps, DVDs, CDs .. and packing material for postal sales (bubble-wrap, polystyrene chippings, padded envelopes and cardboard book wrappers).

merle esson
👍

Mon 24 Aug 2020, 09:29

Sent you message Clive. 

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 24 Aug 2020, 04:08

Thank you Clive.

Strength in unity!

Clive Gibson-Leitch
👍 2

Sun 23 Aug 2020, 21:49

John Partington is doing an excellent job selling on behalf of both the Corner House and CRAG (as far as I know).  I am also selling purely on behalf of CRAG, and should have a new sales list out in the next few days, and am always happy to take on more. Whichsoever you choose!.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sun 23 Aug 2020, 19:19

Why not donate them to CRAG?

You'll  save lives and help people who are truly desperate.

Tish Bird
👍

Sun 23 Aug 2020, 16:46

John Partington put up his contact details on an earlier posting as - 07555608780 or email him on john@pjohnp.me.uk.

merle esson
👍

Sun 23 Aug 2020, 16:34

I have over a hundred books in very decent condition and not sure how I contact John Partington. Or is there a drop off point? 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.