Anyone else having internet and phone problems at the green?

Maggie Watts
👍

Sun 23 Aug 2020, 14:52

Internet is back on for me too!

patricia berger
👍

Sun 23 Aug 2020, 12:43

Yes back on now

Trish Berger at number 16

Matt Bullock
👍

Sun 23 Aug 2020, 11:03

Open reach have just called to say it’s repaired. I’m not actually there to verify this!

Amanda Epps
👍

Sun 23 Aug 2020, 10:20

Openreach are on site now.  Hopefully they can get everyone back their phones and internet.

Naomi Berger
👍

Sat 22 Aug 2020, 21:25

Thanks everyone. We have contacted my mother's ISP and they have reported to openreach. They seemed to think it would take a few days before it's fixed.

Matt Bullock
👍

Sat 22 Aug 2020, 21:17

I’m on The Green and my BT broadband went off on Thursday about 1pm. BT are investigating.

Liz Leffman
👍

Sat 22 Aug 2020, 19:40 (last edited on Sat 22 Aug 2020, 19:48)

I am very sorry to hear this, Maggie. If you have any complaints about MKJ, the best person to contact is Louise Appleton at Gigaclear.  louise.appleton@gigaclear.com. She is the Community Engagement Manager. She has been very helpful in the past at getting the contractors to sort out issues like this in other places. I have sent her a message myself asking her to look into it and see if BT can come a bit more quickly to sort this out.   

Derek Collett
👍

Sat 22 Aug 2020, 16:51

I am Maggie Findley and am using Derek's account. The bungalows on The Green have had no internet or landline since Thursday morning. Several of us have complained but the soonest it will be fixed is Tuesday night. MKJ staff have neither apologised nor helped. I would really like to know who is responsible for allowing the installation to be conducted in Charlbury, especially in such an incompetent manner?

Amanda Epps
👍

Fri 21 Aug 2020, 19:31

Mine is fine and I live on The Green.  Not surprised to hear that, Naomi.  Gigaclear managed to start digging in front of my drive two hours before I was due at the dentist.

ALISON COLLINS
👍

Fri 21 Aug 2020, 13:58

Worth checking with Gigaclear.  They managed to disrupt my mother's phone/broadband by digging up the cable whilst on Woodfield Drive.  She spoke to the workmen outside who hadn't realised (they had dug up her cable they thought was redundant).  No-one else was affected.  They were very apologetic and called BT who sent an engineer to fix  the next day.  

Naomi Berger
👍 1

Fri 21 Aug 2020, 13:38

Must be her connection then. Thanks for replying.

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 21 Aug 2020, 11:48

No problem, as far as I know, in Ditchley Rd (using BT). It must be something quite local.

Naomi Berger
👍

Fri 21 Aug 2020, 11:42

Asking on behalf of my mum. Her internet and landline are down and have been since yesterday evening. Has anyone else got problems in this area? Is it something to do with the digging by gigaclear? 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.