Please be careful about rumours

Steve Jones
👍 4

Thu 20 Aug 2020, 19:05

A few days ago, somebody in Charlbury told me of the recent death from COVID-19 of somebody from the town. This was a person I'd met several times over the years, and it was sad to hear. On meeting a mutual acquaintance, I mentioned this bad bit of news and I was told it can't be. I was told that he'd exchanged words with him a few days ago, and he was looking very well.

I have obviously not mentioned names (and am trying to track this rumour back to the source so it doesn't spread). In the meantime, if anybody hears the story of a recent death in town, and it is not well founded, then please be careful before repeating, as such things can be upsetting and worrying at any time, and even more so in the middle of a pandemic. That's especially so from second and third hand sources.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.