Bus to Stratford

Rod Evans
👍 2

Thu 20 Aug 2020, 10:59

Thanks Richard.  Historical note (from one who grew up in S-on-A) - the 'second' bridge at Stratford is called the Tramway Bridge as it once carried a tramline between Stratford and Moreton in the days when there were 2 canal basins in Stratford and the Avon was used to transport goods from (I assume) Worcester, with the canal going on to Birmingham.  Apart from the canal, the former Cox's timber yard between the 2 bridges is about the last relic from those days.  I expect a lot of businesses there are suffering just now so do go!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 3

Thu 20 Aug 2020, 09:53

For anyone who fancies a day out in Stratford, I see that Pulhams will be running a new bus from Moreton-in-Marsh railway station, which (roughly) connects with the trains.

So you can leave Charlbury at 9, get to Stratford for 10.30, enjoy the day there, then catch the bus at 16.20 to be back home for 6.

Details at https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/news/article/1248/council-announces-a-new-bus-service-between-stratford-upon-avon-and-moreton-in-marsh – the service starts in September.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.