Bike Rack?

john h
👍 1

Thu 20 Aug 2020, 13:59

Still think it is in the daftest place . More chance with my donkey!!. End of submission.  John Harrison

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 2

Thu 20 Aug 2020, 09:48

That’s exactly the issue!

They’re going on the car park side wall (not the Browns Lane side) and should allow bikes to be angled round so that they’re largely parallel to the wall. The intention is that they won’t impinge on the pavement any more than the guard rails for the toilets that are already there.

Leah Fowler
👍

Thu 20 Aug 2020, 09:43 (last edited on Thu 20 Aug 2020, 09:44)

Please don't block the pavement any more outside the Co-op, can't get past now! 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 20 Aug 2020, 09:31

It is indeed for your donkey, John H. I believe the feeding troughs are coming in the next week.

(More seriously, it’s to help people cycle to the shop and takeaway. But the County Council understandably prefers to install racks on its own highway land rather than on private land, which is why it’s on that side of the road. Given that most people will presumably be cycling there on one side of the road, and back on the other, you’d have to cross the road anyway!)

John P – there is one coming for the Co-op. But it’s more difficult to install one there without blocking the pavements, so it’s taken a while both to get the right rack and also to get approval from Midcounties Co-op head office to bolt it to the shop. Hopefully won’t be too long now.

John Partington
👍

Thu 20 Aug 2020, 07:24

Perhaps it's the one that isn't outside the Co-op. Where are we supposed to tether our bikes when shopping there?

john h
👍

Wed 19 Aug 2020, 21:38 (last edited on Wed 19 Aug 2020, 21:40)

Could someone please explain to me why a bike rack has been installed near the  entrance to Hughes Close ?? Not near a bus stop. Shop/  take away across the road. Is this a mistake, only use I can see would be to tether your donkey to it,  -  if you have one.

Bewildered  from Charlbury. John H

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.