History of Charlbury through ALLOTMENTS

Judy Dod
👍 2

Tue 28 Jul 2020, 09:31

Thanks for your appreciative comments. Although I do postings,  the articles are very much a team effort.  We all enjoy writing them and our different interests hopefully mean that there is someone for everyone in the subjects we choose.  And as an allotment holder, I too thought how generous Mr Wynne was to provide dinner and dancing ....!

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 25 Jul 2020, 17:52

Agree, Stephen and Phil.

Super stuff.

As an aside we (being residents of a Wellington Cottage) have an allotment there, so the tradition lives on!  Really grateful to Spud for his continued superlative admin.

No Stephen, I somehow can't see that happening.  Nice try!

Phil Morgan
👍 5

Sat 25 Jul 2020, 14:37 (last edited on Sat 25 Jul 2020, 14:39)

I must agree that the series of articles appearing on the News section of this site have been outstanding. The Museum volunteers who have been researching and publishing these articles are just brilliant! As has been suggested before, please continue this beyond the current emergency if possible. And again, if possible, put them into a form that can be published. This would be a fascinating insight for existing and future residents (and in income stream for the Museum).

stephen cavell
👍 4

Sat 25 Jul 2020, 12:01

Once again a fascinating insight Judy - thanks.  I note that in 1888 Mr Wynne of Cornbury Park invited  40 tenants to dinner - dance till 11pm. Now the Town Council has taken over can we expect a similar invitation from Roger Clarke?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.