Petrol at Enstone

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Wed 18 Jun 2008, 22:44

We've already stolen the future from our children and grandchildren and now the age of comfort is ending and of course some profiteers are making out on the chance. Get used to it. There's a lot worse to come. At least Cameron made some basically correctly oriented remarks this week, but I don't trust 'em to have the balls to do the really necessary and not be traitors to the people. Brown has been sold/threatened by foreign corporations to betray us to concentrated nuclear power "investment" and pour our tax money into foreign owned corporate pockets.

The Germans, meanwhile, are going solar hell for leather and closing down their nukes as a menace to security, and parasitic of tax revenues and national economic investment funds on the alternative system of "microgeneration" - household and community level energy systems that will create millions of permanent "forever" jobs instead of a few thousand temporary construction workers (most of whom are itinerant anyway) and a nuclear police state with a home grown Stasi as the only growth sector.

It's that simple - diversify and localise or be a traitor.

Whose planners and economists do you trust more - the Germans, or the internationalised British business class and the Civil Servant yes men and the election paralysed fear of British politicians? We've only got a couple of years to start changing direction from treason to energy patriotism.

Cameron's speech:
www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=news.story.page&obj_id=145279&speeches=1

Harryd
👍

Tue 17 Jun 2008, 20:34

More than £1.22 in Didcot today...

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Tue 17 Jun 2008, 16:53

I couldn't believe it when within one day the price at the petrol station at Enstone went up twice. It's now £1.20.9! I asked the chap behind the desk about it, and he said it was down to the on-site manager there. Give me his home address .... it's just disgusting.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.