Bridge on Dyers Hill

Angus B
👍 2

Fri 24 Jul 2020, 12:35

There was a police van parked on Dyers Hill this morning with its camera pointing down towards the bridge. I wondered if that was monitoring the situation.

Mark Sulik
👍 3

Thu 23 Jul 2020, 10:16

A source of many postings over the years since the limit was imposed - many suggestions have been made - if an APNR system had been installed , the fines would been enough to provide traffic calming measures and funded road safety . As there is no one to monitor or record , drivers are willing to take the risk. Grant funding from highways - ? 

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 23 Jul 2020, 09:35 (last edited on Thu 23 Jul 2020, 09:42)

The bridge has a weight restriction of 7.5 tonnes, and in  fact last week an amendment was to made to the order to ensure that this is permanent. The Town Council and I have asked for Trading Standards to monitor this more effectively but they cannot be there all the time so if you see HGVs trying to access the bridge, get their registration numbers and a photo if you can and send it to Oxfordshire Trading Standards who can prosecute offenders.

Carl A Perkins
👍 1

Thu 23 Jul 2020, 09:29

Has this bridge now been repaired resulting in the previous weight limit being lifted? For the past week or so I've been counting at least 2 HGV's a day turning left from Dyers Hill onto Thames Street (often causing a bit of congestion) and then trying to negotiate the turn up to Nine Acres. They seem to be a mix of delivery and construction related HGV's.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.