New windows

Robin Taylor
👍

Sat 25 Jul 2020, 15:26

I think the scheme will be open to all, but those who are not on minimum incomes will get a contribution of two thirds of the cost, up to a maximum of £5,000. Those on low incomes might get the full cost, up to a total of £10,000.

Janet Walker
👍

Sat 25 Jul 2020, 14:49

Unfortunately, I don’t think I will qualify under the Green Homes grant scheme as I find it is limited to people on benefits.

I thought it sounded too good to be true!

Mandy cooper
👍

Fri 24 Jul 2020, 18:07

Dovecote window love bloke very helpful from leafield 

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 22 Jul 2020, 19:28

According to the BBC: "The scheme will apparently involve a 'whole house approach', whereby a retrofit coordinator will determine what measures will ensure the best value for money for you and the taxpayer in your home."

I can see that there need to be guarantees on the quality of the work carried out (unlike the last, disastrous Green Deal scheme). But the phrasing of this is alarming, as it suggests that the coordinator, and not the householder, will determine where the vouchers should best be spent -- on insulation, windows, a new gas boiler etc etc.

Hans Eriksson
👍

Wed 22 Jul 2020, 18:21

Mr Sunak has not said double glazed windows will be included. The scheme will be announced in September. 

Janet Walker
👍

Wed 22 Jul 2020, 17:05

Thanks for various recommendations. I will follow them all up.

Most useful.

PAUL R JACKSON
👍

Fri 17 Jul 2020, 17:03

Dovecote Windows, 

A top local bloke from Leafield he does an outstanding job

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 17 Jul 2020, 15:17

Tropiglaze in Crawley.  Were very efficient and very good job.  They replaced our french doors last month.  

Janet Walker
👍

Fri 17 Jul 2020, 14:10

Can anyone recommend a professional to replace my windows with double-glazed ones?

I need a quotation so I can apply under the Green Homes Scheme which starts in September.

Please get in touch by email : janetwalker868@gmail.com

Very many thanks.’

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.