Live music at the Cricket Club

Tanya Stevenson
👍 1

Sun 9 Aug 2020, 12:39

Jenny’s French Guinguette group were great at the Cricket Club on Friday. What better way to spend a sunny Friday evening - drinking a very reasonably priced bottle of chilled white wine with friends whilst listening to live music. I think it’s Dave Oates next week and The Mingus Tree again the week after, then L’Amusette again.

Sorry I missed The Mingus Tree on the Playing Close yesterday, but I heard that was great too. We are lucky to live here!

Simon Fenn
👍

Sat 8 Aug 2020, 12:58

Again for the avoidance of doubt, Mingus Tree ARE playing on the Playing Close this evening (Saturday 8th August).  NOT at the Cricket Club.

Any picnic-ers, loiterers and layabouts are welcome to come and listen. Starting around 6pm.

By the way, it was very nice to hear Jenny Howes's accordion ensemble playing outside the Cricket Club pavilion yesterday evening.

Rod Evans
👍

Fri 31 Jul 2020, 15:03

Sounds good to me - especially on the only hot day for weeks!

Simon Fenn
👍 1

Wed 29 Jul 2020, 20:47

It's back – background music at the Cricket Club – this Friday evening from 6 to 8. And it's going to be a lovely evening too!

Simon Fenn
👍 1

Fri 17 Jul 2020, 18:42

So yes, to end the confustion there'll be impromptu music on the Playing Close tomorrow (Saturday) evening from about 6:00 pm.  I know some people are planning to bring a picnic or drinks and have a safely social evening outside in the centre of town with music to listen to.  All welcome!

Simon Fenn
👍

Fri 17 Jul 2020, 16:46

Sadly I've just heard that the Cricket Club has had to cancel this.  We're hoping to play on the Playing Close instead.  

Simon Fenn
👍 2

Fri 17 Jul 2020, 12:36

There's an excellent initiative from the Charlbury Cricket Club to have live music playing on Friday and Saturday evenings while people enjoy an evening drink outdoors at the Club's bar.  All very socially distanced etc.

Lots of people seem to know about this in principle but quite a few have been asking for details and there's nothing in the events page.  

I don't know about other events and it's not for me to speak for the Cricket Club but to the best of my knowledge and belief Alan Fraser's MINGUS TREE are booked to play there tomorrow evening (Saturday 18th July) from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. (If I'm wrong about this, I'll be carting a load of kit down there for nothing.) 

So come on down.  The view's lovely, the beer's lovely and the music is of course fantastic!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.