DVDs for loan & sale

Tanya Stevenson
👍 1

Sun 12 Jul 2020, 11:52

Our young helpers Felix and Bella have now listed some DVDs and the list is being added to all the time. This is the list.

If you would like to buy one (50p each), please email or ring the Community Centre on info@charlburycommunitycentre.org.uk or 811878 and let us know which titles you want. Then you can either collect them from the Centre or we'll deliver them to you door if needed.

And it's for such a good cause too!

Jackie Hague
👍 2

Sat 11 Jul 2020, 14:40

A big thank you to you, John, and all of the helpers who are providing this service and raising funds for the Corner House. 

John Partington
👍 2

Fri 10 Jul 2020, 17:49 (last edited on Fri 10 Jul 2020, 17:50)

Kris, and others .. much the easiest for me is if you deliver them to my house (32 The Slade .. leave stuff on the doorstep if I'm out).  But I'm always very happy to collect:  just let me know on 07555 608780 or john@pjohnp.me.uk

K Harper
👍

Fri 10 Jul 2020, 15:00

Hello John, I have a box of books+ and a box of large Jiffy bags, please can you advise most suitable delivery point tomorrow morning?

Thanks & kind regards, Kris

John Partington
👍 1

Thu 9 Jul 2020, 20:29

A big thank-you to Felix & Bella who have started listing these.  Hundreds of DVDs, from U to 18 and everything in between.  More news soon of how you can buy them from us (or rent them .. the same price as buying, but you return them after watching!)

Does anyone have any spare rack shelving that you could let us have to help store them?

More DVDs are always welcome:  just give them to me along with the books that you're kindly donating in such encouraging quantities, or take them direct to the Community Centre.

Tanya Stevenson
👍 1

Tue 7 Jul 2020, 15:58

I think our youth team is willing to take this on, led by Charlotte. My suggestion is that they are sold at 50p each like the books and all the money goes to the Corner House. But that is for others to decide! I think it's a very reasonable price considering that delivery comes included.

John, someone will contact you shortly.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 7 Jul 2020, 14:06

The  Corner House bookshop already have DVDs so perhaps more would like to donate with the income going to the Corner House.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 7 Jul 2020, 13:47 (last edited on Tue 7 Jul 2020, 13:48)

You could have a community page here to list them on?

(Great idea!)

John Partington
👍 3

Tue 7 Jul 2020, 11:20 (last edited on Thu 9 Jul 2020, 20:30)

[This is mentioned in the "Corner House Books" thread, but not everyone may see it there.]

I think it would be really helpful to add a DVD-lending service to the jigsaw provision that we already have. A lot of people are getting rid of their DVDs at the very point at which other house-bound, 'shielding', or older people especially (many of whom don't have smart TVs and streaming services) would like to borrow them.

Does anyone have the time and energy to set up such a service? I could provide several hundred DVDs as a starter and we could lend them out free (or at say 20p for the Corner House). All we need is some way of listing and publicising them!

Please contact me or Tanya Stevenson if you'd like to help us take this further.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.