'Tornado Funnel'

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 19 Jun 2008, 00:19

The Met Office claims that this area extending north to Birmingham is the tornado capital of the entire world as more funnels occur along the line than anywhere else. Thankfully most of them don't touch ground, are up high and aren't seen, and those that do come out of the clouds are very weak and short lived, so mercifully we don't live in the Midwestern Tornado alley even though we in fact do! So lets hope global warming doesn't mean our home grown variety turn nasty or get hungrier or we too will be sleeping at night in concrete basement bedrooms with concrete ceilings and escape staircases leading outside in case of unannounced night time twisters as radar coverage isn't perfect. The lucky have the money to have a proper house and secure bedrooms. As usual it's the poor - people living in trailers - who got smashed. Don't stand a chance :-(

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Wed 11 Jun 2008, 14:34

No, I have to say that there was no wine involved with or without Don. I was actually driving back from Banbury with other passengers in the car who also saw it. By the time I found somewhere safe to pull over to take a photo, it had gone.

roger short
👍

Mon 9 Jun 2008, 13:25

Don, you have to be so glad that your first experience with the ufo was not on the same day as the funnel or you would not have known where you might have landed up ,i suppose either way you would have got to cloud 9 where most of us aspire to be sometimes.

Don Kelly
👍

Mon 9 Jun 2008, 11:08

Damn, The tornado was going to be my next post !!!

john h
👍

Sun 8 Jun 2008, 19:02

you had not been drinking with Don, had you??

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Sun 8 Jun 2008, 11:22

Did anyone see the tornado funnel over the Spelsbury area last weekend?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.