Community support pages

Nikki Rycroft
👍

Fri 26 Jun 2020, 10:21

Hi Richard

On behalf of the Charlbury Medical Centre, we would  like to keep the dedicated health page to put up to date info on the current, rapidly changing advice on Covid , and other posts which we feel would be of benefit to Charlbury and surrounding villages.

To date we have been posting on News and then moving some of it into our CPPG page , but we are aware that this page is not frequently accessed. We would prefer to post directly into “ Health” rather than News if that were possible, so as not to block it too frequently for others. The latest info would then be visible at the top. We would then keep the CPPG page for archived Newsletters etc.

Hope that seems a good solution 

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 23 Jun 2020, 17:23

Having listened to the independent SAGE advisers responding to Johnson's proposals for change, can I urge you not to be too quick to change these most useful pages, Richard.

The very vulnerable seem likely to change to the "new normal" quite slowly, and some over 70s might also be quite cautious about shopping, pubs and restaurants, especially when safe distancing is reduced to 1+ metre. And some of the most vulnerable people might struggle to get food delivered once the present arrangements are stopped. 

I would have thought the Children section would be needed over the summer, also Facilities (the Museum, for example, is likely to stay closed), certainly Health (which is otherwise very difficult to find, but perhaps Wellbeing could also be moved here, so Health and Wellbeing), and shopping (at least for the time being). 

I would have thought a new heading on transport might also be added, including information on the new traffic & pedestrian arrangements in nearby towns -- still trying to work out the best new route into Witney, for example.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 23 Jun 2020, 16:50 (last edited on Tue 23 Jun 2020, 16:50)

Over the past few months, we’ve had ‘Community support’ pages at the top of the website front page, with details of services available for the Charlbury community.

As things (slowly) get back to normal, with shops and eventually pubs reopening, the need for most of these will be less.

I’d welcome suggestions (ideally in this thread) as to what you’d still find useful – that will help me prioritise what to work on! Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.