Windows

Father Clive Dytor
👍

Wed 17 Jun 2020, 06:17

Many thanks!

Mandy cooper
👍

Tue 16 Jun 2020, 22:09

Dovecote windows there are amazing fantastic service. 

Jeremy Baldock
👍

Tue 16 Jun 2020, 21:33

We can highly recommend Andy Gomm too. However when I called his number last week, as I would like to order another window, I was told Andy had retired and no longer doing windows. A real pity. So I too am looking for recommendations for a new provider.

Mark Luntley
👍

Tue 16 Jun 2020, 12:53 (last edited on Tue 16 Jun 2020, 12:57)

A couple of years back we replaced some windows - we used the green building store. We specified wood frames with triple glazing. The wood came with a 10 year paint warranty, so far they are absolutely fine.

They are not made locally and the GBS are based in Yorkshire - but were happy to install and work around here regularly. The windows are triple glazed. They came in at literally about half the price of the wood framed units that our builder was going to specify and about the same cost of some UPVC double glazed units.

https://www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk/product-category/triple-glazed-timber-windows/ or  01484 461705

Happy for you to have a look at them if you wanted. Contact me via the site.

Oh - and if you are replacing doors I really would recommend triple glazing - the difference against double glazing us incredible - the panes are warm to the touch in winter. 

John Munro
👍

Tue 16 Jun 2020, 12:19

I would second that recommendation. Installed two pairs of French doors for us a few years back.

Charlie M
👍

Tue 16 Jun 2020, 11:31

I would recommend Andy and his guys without hesitation:
(see the business section)

Charlbury Fairmitre

Conservatories & windows, manufacture - installation, hardwood, UPVC, aluminium Contact: Andy Gomm Address: Old Post House market Street Charlbury Oxon , OX73PH Phone: 01608 810966 Fax: 01608 810966 Email: andygomm123@btinternet.com

Father Clive Dytor
👍

Tue 16 Jun 2020, 10:45

Can anyone recommend a really professional window company? Our back windows are shot to pieces and I fear they need complete replacement. Ouch!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.