Hannen Beith
👍 1

Thu 4 Jun 2020, 06:39

There's a plan!

I could coat them in chocolate.

Miranda Higham
👍 1

Wed 3 Jun 2020, 21:46

I ate a woodlouse when I was about 8. I wasn't impressed and haven't eaten one since! They are crustaceans. 

Angus B
👍 1

Wed 3 Jun 2020, 19:59

Hannen, I was listening to a radio programme many years ago and was surprised to hear that woodlice can be cooked and eaten; they are alleged to taste like prawns.

I haven’t tried.

john h
👍 1

Wed 3 Jun 2020, 14:47

Oh dear!!!! J

Wendy Bailey
👍 2

Wed 3 Jun 2020, 14:46

Indeed John, I have used conkers for years. Most people think I'm nuts... 

john h
👍 1

Wed 3 Jun 2020, 14:44 (last edited on Wed 3 Jun 2020, 14:47)

When the "conker" season comes round, if you place ripe conkers around where you see spiders this is supposed to deter them,no harm to the planet!  Hannen  if you have woodlice check for any damp that is their favourite habitat  .  John

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 3 Jun 2020, 13:32 (last edited on Wed 3 Jun 2020, 13:33)

We have woodlice in our bathroom (and spiders!) neither of which bother us that much but would be nice to get rid of (or discourage) the woodlice.  Any ideas?  Perhaps they are nice to eat?

Diana Limburg
👍

Wed 3 Jun 2020, 10:24

I quite understand the spiders' perspective: indoors much warmer and safer! Completely with you though on wishing they didn't live indoors. Your post made me look up a bit more information about the house spider (that's another reason for them to live indoors: their just being true to their name!). So, for removal: "To usher the spider into a container for removal, place open end in front of the spider and use the container lid if so equipped or similar object to push or corral the spider from behind. Since a spider's first reflex after being disturbed from the rear is to move forward, usually the spider will advance into the container placed in front of it." (Wikipedia)

Jean Adams
👍

Wed 3 Jun 2020, 09:19 (last edited on Wed 3 Jun 2020, 09:42)

Spiders.  If they are good for the planet why don’t they stay outside? They are an unwelcome guest in my Bathroom. There he was last night taunting me on the edge of the bath. I opened the window and tried to grab him but, too quick, straight down into hiding place.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.