National Volunteers Week - thanks to all volunteers

Leah Fowler
👍 2

Wed 3 Jun 2020, 09:11

There are lots of people helping others,  but I did have one person in mind who would no way join anything and has been shopping and getting prescriptions and driving about sorting problems out for people!  

Tanya Stevenson
👍 1

Wed 3 Jun 2020, 07:43

Thank you Tony! Though I can’t claim to be organising this - just doing my bit like many, many others. But I appreciate your message. 
And I agree Leah, I meant to include all those people who are helping others without being part of any scheme. 

stephen cavell
👍 1

Wed 3 Jun 2020, 07:04

Many thanks. It has made living in Charlbury during the pandemic so much easier and more pleasant.

Tony Morgan
👍 5

Tue 2 Jun 2020, 19:33

And thanks to Tanya for all the work she does organising it

Leah Fowler
👍 4

Tue 2 Jun 2020, 15:50

Also thank you to all the people that I have heard about that are just helping friends and family 

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Tue 2 Jun 2020, 13:52

Hear hear!

Tanya Stevenson
👍 3

Tue 2 Jun 2020, 12:41

This week is National Volunteers Week. The Thomas Gifford Trust would like to take this opportunity to thank all Charlbury’s volunteers. There are over 200 people who have offered help with our Coronavirus support scheme; thanks to every one of you! We would also like to show appreciation for people who deliver books, puzzles, shopping, prescriptions, erect veg plots, take to meals to the elderly, ring people for a friendly chat, and offer many other forms of help to people in isolation. Also huge thanks to our regular volunteers (including trustees themselves) and the kind people who, under normal circumstances, help us to man the cafe and front desk and keep the building maintained. You know who you are and we can’t name you all here – but thanks a million!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.