Pest

Angus B
👍

Thu 18 Jun 2020, 20:24

I'd just like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread for their useful advice. As I am allergic to wasp stings I thought I needed a professional destroyer but, when I located the nest and discovered how small it was... a couple of puffs of powder at dusk from a B&Q purchase killed off all the insects very quickly.

Derek Thirkell
👍

Thu 18 Jun 2020, 18:59

Thank you Christine for recommending my company. Pest Solutions, we are based in Eynsham and have offices in Chippy and Witney exactly like you say. There are other companies out there who will all deal with wasp nests for you. Our promise is we will either get to you the same day or if the call is late in the day you will be first on the list the very next day and that’s 7 days a week. Sadly West Oxfordshire Council always end up with a waiting list. A few years ago this was 6 weeks. We will try our very best to be competitive so get some prices first and try us. Pest Solutions Oxfordshire Ltd anyone with people in the family who suffer anaphylactic shock please let me know and we will divert one of the vans straight to you.

Andy Godfrey
👍 1

Sat 6 Jun 2020, 05:50

I have used Armour Pest Control in Shipton to rid us of several wasps nests, including one in the loft space. Very efficient, & a lovely bloke.

One company tried to tell us we'd need scaffolding to access the loft one, wasps were entering by the chimney, & refused to do it from inside for H&S reasons. Armour chap went into the space & dealt with it in half an hour.

Angus B
👍 1

Tue 2 Jun 2020, 09:08 (last edited on Tue 2 Jun 2020, 10:16)

Thank you all for your suggestions - very helpful and much appreciated. Definitely wasps; there are too few of them to be a swarm - or even a cast - of bees. And I've now been able to get close enough to confirm that they're yellow and black!

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 1 Jun 2020, 08:26

We've used WODC pest service two years running.

https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/business-and-licensing/business-services/pest-control/

Very reasonable and efficient.  On each occasion we had wasps in the eaves which is no fun in the summer when the bedroom windows are open!

I was reluctant to get rid of them as I think wasps are pollinators, but they were getting too close for comfort.

Phil Morgan
👍

Sun 31 May 2020, 11:33

Yes, recommend Richard Brooks. Lives in Charlbury. Experienced man who knows the difference between wasps and bees.

Kim Sale
👍

Sun 31 May 2020, 08:59

I'll second Richard :-)

Mike Summers
👍

Sat 30 May 2020, 20:10

We had a flyer from Charlbury Pest Control Services, the phone no. is 07810 290218 and ask for Richard.              

Angus B
👍

Sat 30 May 2020, 17:03 (last edited on Sat 30 May 2020, 17:05)

Thank you for this quick response,  Christine. We had a discussion about bees or wasps. My wife used to be a beekeeper...! 

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 30 May 2020, 16:54

Try Pest Solutions. They are a family firm, based in Eynsham, but have offices in Witney and Chipping Norton. They use PPE and Safe Distancing.

It's very early for a wasp's nest. Are you sure it is not bees?

Angus B
👍

Sat 30 May 2020, 16:29

Can anyone recommend someone local to rid us of a wasps’ nest?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.