Wilderness Local Resident Ticket Refunds - Important Info

Shelagh Scott
👍

Mon 29 Jun 2020, 10:14

Our refund was paid into the bank on June 24th - we claimed on May 23rd. 

daniela jenkins
👍 1

Thu 18 Jun 2020, 11:15

Message from Mama Mia Festivals: I’m very sorry that the refunds for the first batch [of local Wilderness tickets] are still work-in-progress. We’re very much hoping that money will be back in people’s accounts next week.

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 17 Jun 2020, 19:19

Trying to get money from big companies is, in my experience, like pulling hens' teeth.  Not that I've tried the latter!

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Wed 17 Jun 2020, 16:01 (last edited on Wed 17 Jun 2020, 16:01)

Haven't had it yet. I sent a message to Charlotte two days ago asking for an update but have heard nothing back.

Nicola Morgan
👍

Wed 17 Jun 2020, 08:30

Anyone heard anything from Wilderness about their refund?

Susie Burnett
👍

Mon 25 May 2020, 08:45

Thank you Tanya. Good to see the Wilderness website has been updated as when I last looked there was no information for locals. It said something about Ticketmaster notifying ticket holders, which is why I queried. 

Susie Burnett
👍

Mon 25 May 2020, 08:45

Thank you Tanya. Good to see the Wilderness website has been updated as when I last looked there was no information for locals. It said something about Ticketmaster notifying ticket holders, which is why I queried. 

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Sun 24 May 2020, 15:31

It was all managed very efficiently yesterday - thank you.

Tanya Stevenson
👍 1

Sun 24 May 2020, 08:56

In response to Gareth - as stated below the Community Centre has agreed to open on Saturdays mornings 9-12.30 for processing refunds, one household at a time.

And to Susie, the information about refunds is on the Wilderness website, the Community Centre website and was a news item on here too, but obviously these things get pushed out quite quickly by newer news. No doubt there will be posters in due course, (the annoucement was too late for the imminent edition of the Chronicle but will be in the next one) and we have taken all the addresses of people who bought tickets, so those who have not claimed their refunds will eventually be contacted. It will take some time and manpower, so please bear with us!

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Sat 23 May 2020, 22:20

In that case the organisers need to write to everyone who has bought a ticket to inform them.  This is hardly essential in the current circumstances, but Wilderness needs to communicate clearly and in line with regulations.  In any case, as far as I know the Community Centre is closed until further notice.

daniela jenkins
👍

Sat 23 May 2020, 19:50

All tickets need to be returned to the centre (Saturday mornings only). We will send them back to the festival organisers who will either issue a refund or new tickets next year.

Gareth Epps
👍

Sat 23 May 2020, 15:28

To be clear: if we wish our tickets to be held for 2021, do we need to do anything?

Susie Burnett
👍 1

Sat 23 May 2020, 09:51

Hi Tanya,

I have only just recently found this information and speaking to others with tickets they had no idea at all how to get their refunds as they don’t regularly read the Forum, and this thread is now not very obvious. I wonder if some will assume Wilderness would contact them direct for a refund rather than the Community Centre - perhaps seeing the centre as the ‘middle man’ and assuming that all ticket details would then be logged with the festival itself. Could this info be put in the News section? I do also worry however that not everyone will read the Forum or know to look at the Community Centre website. Is there another way to communicate this to local ticket holders?

Tanya Stevenson
👍 2

Fri 15 May 2020, 14:27

Tony, Wilderness themselves are putting the money into your bank account as far as I understand, so even if you've paid cash you will need to supply them with a bank account into which they can put the money. And bring details (a bank card or statement) so we can double check there are no mistakes in the bank details we are sending them.

Christine B - this information is also on Charlbury Community Centre's home page: https://www.charlburycommunitycentre.org.uk/

Tony Morgan
👍

Fri 15 May 2020, 13:44

We paid cash for ours so will have no bank details?

daniela jenkins
👍

Fri 15 May 2020, 13:18

Charlbury Community Centre is happy to accept Wilderness ticket returns from SATURDAY, 23RD May. Ticket returns will be accepted Saturdays only between 9am and 12.30pm. Please respect social distancing when returning the tickets and enter the building one person at a time only. Tickets will be refunded for face value only (the £1.50 handling charge is non-refundable).

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 14 May 2020, 18:04

I think Wilderness should have its own page on this website. Even if the Community Centre is able to offer refunds prior to its re-opening, there will be plenty of people who are not yet going out and who won't want to be going into the Community Centre for refunds for quite some time.

This information will soon get lost on this website if it's simply under the Forum, or even if it is in the News section. I realise that the Wilderness's own page does include the basics about getting a refund, but it would surely be better for Wilderness to also have its own page on Charlbury.info.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Thu 14 May 2020, 17:26

Thanks for the info Charlotte. I trust the Community Centre folk will let us know when we can do this as I had understood that it was still staffed for some of the day. So as long as we observe social distancing, maybe this admin could be sorted out ahead of the whole Centre fully opening?

Is the the £1.50/ticket fee to be included in the entered refund price on the form?

Charlotte Wilderness
👍

Thu 14 May 2020, 16:06

For those of you who purchased local tickets & vehicle passes through the Charlbury Community Centre please read on for important information on next steps.

Everyone will have the option to either be issued with a refund or hold their ticket for 2021.

In order to do this you will need to head to the Community Centre when it re-opens to fill out a form. You will need to bring:

• All of your physical tickets with “VOID” written across them and

• Verification of your bank details so the Community Centre can confirm the form is correct (either bank card displaying sort code & account number or bank statement)

If you would like to print and fill out the form yourself before taking it to the Community Centre then you can access the document to download here.

The forms will be sent off in batches to Wilderness HQ. If you have opted for a refund this will be processed within 14 days of Wilderness receiving it. If you have opted to hold on to your tickets for the following years your information and ticket details will be held securely and you will be emailed closer to the event to inform you on how to redeem your tickets for the following year.

Thank you,

Charlotte DC

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.