Burford School Bus

Chris Tatton
👍

Sat 7 Jun 2008, 09:48

I was walking out near Walcot recently and noticed what looked like 3 or 4 mini buses coming back from Burford school. Would it not make better economic and environmental sense to run 1 or 2 slightly larger buses? Just a thought.

Alison Holthouse
👍

Sat 17 May 2008, 21:23

HI Lesley
Yes, we will need to arrangements as well for Imogen (although I am told the situation is quite likely to resolve itself) - but if it doesn't we would be interested in sharing a taxi.
Alison

Lesley Collins
👍

Sat 17 May 2008, 14:15

Yesterday I received a letter from Wendy Grantham to inform me that my daughter no longer has a place on the Burford bus for September 2008 but now only has her name on a waiting list. I understand that they have lost a driver and that this situation may well be resolved if they can recruit another.
It may seem a bit premature to be making alternative arrangements but without a viable plan B I really have no way of getting my daughter to school next year.
I have contacted a local taxi driver who would be able to take six kids to Burford at a cost of £40 a day (£6.60 odd return each). Anyone else interested if they don't end up with a place on the Grantham's bus? Or any other alternative suggestions?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.