Personal stuff (Debate)

stephen cavell
👍

Tue 2 Jun 2020, 07:00

Stephen to Steve I feel 'slightly' put in my place.

Steve Jones
👍

Mon 1 Jun 2020, 18:22 (last edited on Mon 1 Jun 2020, 18:24)

Stephen, thanks for your comment, but I will stick to slight "a pointed and contemptuous discourtesy; affront" rather than sleight, "the use of dexterity or cunning, especially so as to deceive".

Gareth Davies
👍 1

Thu 28 May 2020, 12:31 (last edited on Thu 28 May 2020, 12:33)

Thank you Harriet! I had been watching and I was wondering as to insinuations. As people have pointed out their is a mail box and literally anyone can phone the owner it is a free world. People should be more wary of exactly what and how they word things, the law and the wording of the law is quite specific. Also ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Harriet Baldwin
👍 4

Thu 28 May 2020, 08:39

Steve and Stephen, given the OP in that thread admitted to having a mental illness I think your comments are inappropriate. 

stephen cavell
👍

Thu 28 May 2020, 06:40 (last edited on Thu 28 May 2020, 08:00)

....dear, dear Steve you are 'slightly' incorrect with your spelling - surely should be SLEIGHTS not slights! Otherwise I agree with your sentiments.

Steve Jones
👍

Wed 27 May 2020, 11:40

I'm quite missing the deleted thread as it had more than an element of surrealism, and I spent much time trying to unravel the "interesting" way in which events and slights were presented.

Miles Walkden
👍 2

Tue 26 May 2020, 22:22

Can we have another site called 'all out ding dong'?

Carl A Perkins
👍 3

Sun 10 May 2020, 16:03 (last edited on Sun 10 May 2020, 16:07)

Aye. Isn’t the whole point of a forum for the exchange of ideas and opinions, NOT personal qualms, complaints and vendettas

Leah Fowler
👍 3

Sun 10 May 2020, 14:33

Does everyone realise that they can contact one another by going onto the Mail button on the right hand corner of the Website? 

Leah Fowler
👍 1

Sun 10 May 2020, 14:24

Thank you Richard,  I have been thinking that the FORUM might close again! 

Mark Sulik
👍 3

Sun 10 May 2020, 14:03 (last edited on Sun 10 May 2020, 14:06)

Much to do Richard ! and often by posting without using full names ! Good to have the forum back - keep up the good work 

Chris Potts
👍 6

Sun 10 May 2020, 13:44

We all greatly appreciate your work on this Richard, especially in the present circumstances.  

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 7

Sun 10 May 2020, 13:37

Hi folks,

I’ve removed a couple of threads that are essentially personal quarrels. Although this board is more “anything goes” than the main board, it’s still not really the place for that. Thanks for your forbearance. Thanks also to the other site admins for their continuing help (you know who you are :) ).

I am aware that removing a whole thread does sometimes also take out worthwhile posts that happened to be in that thread. I can only apologise to those affected, but it takes literally hours to go through a 30-post thread to determine exactly what is actionable, what is offensive, what doesn’t make any sense when other postings are removed, etc; and no-one has the time for that. There have been several days recently where I’ve honestly been spending hours dealing with mails about the forum and it really isn’t sustainable. If you feel your literary masterwork has been lost to time immemorial by a thread deletion, then let me know and I can email it back to you!

Richard

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.