the new footpath through the cemetery

ken jones
👍

Fri 31 Oct 2008, 16:50

come on john you know there was never a designated footpath across that field.just because the majoriorty of people buried at that end are from the council estates shame on you.ihope you will be happy in the new part of the cemetery.but will they want you.being a council resident your self.dont hide john i would like a serious reply.

john h
👍

Fri 31 Oct 2008, 16:16

ken
wigwell belongs to Thames Water and is managed as a nature reserve on their behalf,by the town council and never was common ground.roger is correct about the footpath.it can ,and does ,take up 10yrs to alter a footpath and it would meant stacking the deceaced at the gate until permission had been granted.
there are good network of permissive footpaths across wigwell now, so this takes the pressure of of the original.
interestingly this plot is now almost full so if you want to be buried here the new plot has outstanding views over the evenlode valley (good selling point)

john h

ken jones
👍

Fri 31 Oct 2008, 15:29

hi roger there was never a footpath running through that field it is wigwell and common ground. so there was never a designated route as well you know.

roger short
👍

Wed 21 May 2008, 06:09

hi ken ,are you a newby in charlbury.i only ask as the footpath does not go through the cemetary in fact it is the other way round ,the cemetary goes around the footpath as the footpath was there first.apparently it is very difficult and near impossible within a time limit i was told to move a footpath ,as i was told when the cemetary was first proposed for extension in that direction .

ken jones
👍

Fri 16 May 2008, 15:08

bach to charlbury last saturday.took a stroll down to see mam and dad in the cemetery. met peter hiscock giving joe a trim. had a good chat about life in general and the fact that the football club and the community in general seem to have lost a lot of money. the old primary school site overseen by the gifford trust was valued at 1.5 million pounds and sold for welsh cakes.so all the money to build the new community centre and foot ball club has been eaten up by architects and solicitors. hence no football club. any way bach to the point. a footpath has been put through the cemetary right across peoples graves iam not a religeous man but this is wrong.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.