The Adverts

Rachel Gallagher
👍 2

Mon 4 May 2020, 22:28

The German War Graves Commission is appealing to people in Gernany, to look out for wartime letters from soldiers in WW 1 & 2 . They think that some may be found as lofts and cupboards are cleared out during Lockdown and would like the letters for their archive. I just thought that was interesting...

John Partington
👍 2

Mon 4 May 2020, 20:28 (last edited on Mon 4 May 2020, 20:45)

On the subject of clearing out cupboards, thank you to those who contacted me after my recent Forum post about selling your stuff through our new local auction agency.  As you know, the sale is this Wednesday, and the online catalogue is here,

You can watch (and others can bid live), following that same link.  Let's hope for a really good return for you .. the lockdown seems actually to be increasing the interest from buyers and last month's sale was one of our best.

If others would like to sell items (jewellery, antiques, collectables), feel free to contact me on 01993 685284 (the Burford number forwards to me home-working here in Charlbury).  In these challenging times we're offering expedited payment and very competitive commission rates.

(Jean, we can put your Fabergé egg, if you manage to find it, in next month's sale .. we sold a Fabergé piece, not an egg sadly, for a great price recently.)

glena chadwick
👍 5

Sun 3 May 2020, 11:44

Dear Jean, Speak for yourself !! My cupboards are, I'm afraid, untouched ! But I am making good progress reading and discarding (for the Corner House ?) old magazines and also reading some of the books from the heaps of unread books upstairs.

Hannen Beith
👍 2

Sat 2 May 2020, 23:58

Crikey Jean!

May I have first call on the Fabergé Egg?

😀

Jean Adams
👍 1

Sat 2 May 2020, 22:18

Amazing what Lockdown has done to everyone’s stored items. We have all cleaned our cupboards and decided what we actually do not need. Watch out, I have not even begun.!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.