VE DAY Lets Celebrate.

Jean Adams
👍 1

Mon 4 May 2020, 12:27

Lovely idea, thank you? 

Jackie Hague
👍

Mon 4 May 2020, 11:31

Jean, if the weather is good on Friday, if you'd like, I can join you in your garden, keeping social distancing of course, for the WI's Virtual Tea Party at 3pm? - see events listing.

Leah Fowler
👍 1

Sun 3 May 2020, 09:21 (last edited on Sun 3 May 2020, 20:25)

A lot of the organised events have been postponed until August, but for those of us who can remember VE day the celebrating of it is important as it brings back so many memories . I also remember VJ day but it seemed more remote except of course for those who had family and friends serving in the Far East or in prisoner of war camps! 

Philip Ambrose
👍 2

Sun 3 May 2020, 08:56

Alternatively, one could postpone the celebrations until the 75th anniversary of the real end of WW2 - VJ Day by which time lockdown may have ended.

Jean Adams
👍 1

Sat 2 May 2020, 21:28

The coverage on channel 5  tonight  gave a wonderful picture of VE night in London and elsewhere. I had been evacuated from London to Henley on Thames and was too young to join the celebrations in London, but I remember the feelings. My Father was a Fireman in London in The Blitz. VE DAY a must be celebrated even in Lockdown.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.