TV Licensing scam

Simon Walker
👍

Tue 19 May 2020, 21:53

Having failed to induce me to send them my bank account details last month "because your direct debit had failed", they now want to give me a refund!!!!  What an offer!!!!!  How can I refuse!!!!  Easily.

"TV Licensing Refund Notification", the latest e-mail says .... but then gives the game away by showing the date in the US format.  Tsk, tsk.

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Wed 29 Apr 2020, 12:18

Nice one Stephen!  I hope you took it up!

I have just transferred (not) £1000 to a nice man in Nigeria who has told me that he will use it to buy Bitcoin in my name and in a few days time I shall be over £10,000 richer.  He asked for my Bank details so that he could transfer the money to me.  Haven't quite got round to sending them yet...

stephen cavell
👍

Wed 29 Apr 2020, 10:43

My latest scam email was making me a much better offer 15 kg of gold & a share in $5.6m if I would part with all my personal details and fly to Burkino Faso!

graham W
👍 2

Wed 29 Apr 2020, 10:03

Had second email yesterday, have reported it to the TV Licencesing body and the Police department who deal with emails scams. 

Simon Walker
👍 1

Tue 28 Apr 2020, 21:52

One of those ended up in our spam folder today, saying (as far as I could be bothered to read it) that our direct debit payment had been unsuccessful so click on the link etc etc to make the payment.  Originator address appeared to be from Belgium, although I guess that this was just a mask.

Rod Evans
👍

Tue 28 Apr 2020, 20:40

Obviously not limited to Charlbury but just to alert etc - I received a very convincing looking email today - logos, security warnings, a phone no etc - from "TV Licensing" saying that my licence was about to expire and providing a link to pay for it.  I pay for ours by DD so checked - and found that the a/c for the no they gave had been closed because 3 attempts had been made to open it unsucessfully and it says on the real website that they will only email with the address "donotreply@tvlicensing.co.uk".  So obviously a scam - pay attention at the back!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.