The Charlbury swifts

Flora Gregory
👍

Mon 4 Apr 2022, 09:41

The swifts will be with us soon hopefully.  We will be putting some swift boxes up in the next weeks.  If you are interested please contact me.

Claire Ryman
👍 2

Fri 12 Mar 2021, 18:27

My partner is happy to help Flora, he is an insured window cleaner and lives in  Charlbury, 07854309022 is his contact number. 

Flora Gregory
👍 2

Fri 12 Mar 2021, 11:45

I'm looking for someone who would be happy to go up a ladder and attach swift boxes as we have a few that need to go up around Charlbury before the swifts arrive at the end of April. It might be that this is a task for someone who has insurance cover.

Flora Gregory
👍 1

Sat 28 Nov 2020, 16:42

Would anyone be interested in building some swift boxes ? There are a few people with scaffolding up who would be interested in installing them in the next couple of weeks. Let me know, thank you.

Flora Gregory
👍 2

Thu 2 Jul 2020, 20:19

It's Swift Awareness Week this week !

HOMES FOR SWIFTS WANTED ! 

In the UK we have lost half our swifts in the last 20 years,  modern buildings do not accommodate them.

Would you give a home in your house for SWIFTS ?

If you are having work done on your roof, or have scaffolding up on your house, would you consider adding swift-boxes ?

The Charlbury swifts are doing well, but they desperately need more spaces to nest in future years.

Swifts are our Summer visitors and are here just during May-August.

Andrew Lawson  or Flora Gregory 

https://swift-conservation.org

Susan Terry
👍 5

Tue 28 Apr 2020, 18:57

There were 2 or 3 flying over Mill Field today: I felt I should apologise to them for the lack of sunshine having made such an effort to get here!

Leah Fowler
👍 3

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 22:22

Perhaps they didn't know this was a leap year

Andrew Lawson
👍 6

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 20:50

The swifts have arrived !   The first one was seen over Crawborough yesterday, 26th April.  Today, the 27th, there were several, flying high over Church Street.  This is a day earlier than usual. 

I know there's already a very interesting forum thread on garden bird-watching.    But swifts are so special to Charlbury that I felt they deserve a topic to themselves!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.