Egg cartons - any use for anyone?

Charlotte Dover
👍

Fri 1 May 2020, 17:31

Good to know Dave! Thank you everyone. 

Dave Heywood
👍 1

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 12:03

Egg cartons are also quite useful as firelighters for BBQ charcoal as they burn long enough to get the coals going. I have a box of them I use with a starter chimney - much better than newspaper!

Brigid Sturdy
👍 1

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 11:07

Church Lane Produce ask only for their own egg cartons; they don't want others (or that was the case when I was last there).

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Sun 26 Apr 2020, 20:05

Charlotte, I don't know if you are linked to the Charlbury Give & Take scheme. 

They were happy to receive my egg boxes when I took them down to the Community Centre last week. They no longer need them for eggs, but thought they would be useful for crafting etc. 

In fact, there was a large cardboard box full of egg cartons to the right of the table where the goods to be taken away are placed. 

Mandy, if Finstock village shop is short of egg boxes, you could presumably also take some from there.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sun 26 Apr 2020, 11:05

Here's the link to the Church Lane Produce fb page.  

https://www.facebook.com/churchlaneproduce/

They run out of eggs quickly but you can dm them with an order for eggs or whatever.  

Charlotte Dover
👍 2

Sun 26 Apr 2020, 10:27

Thanks all! Mandy thanks for the tip I can always drop them there too which saves the organisation needed 😊 I will check out church Lane as well - good reminder hannen I used to go past them all the time and it's also good to know they can be composted but would much rather they were reused. Have a lovely Sunday everyone. 

Jean Adams
👍

Sat 25 Apr 2020, 22:00

Anyone with chickens will appreciate them.please do not throw away

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 25 Apr 2020, 18:16

Church Lane Produce might like them.  They have a fb page.

Mandy cooper
👍

Sat 25 Apr 2020, 18:07

Finstock village shop use egg boxes and would be great full for them. im at work Tuesday in charlbury I can pick them up or drop them at the co op I start at 10am 

Helen Chapman
👍

Sat 25 Apr 2020, 10:30

Egg cartons can be composted if you have a home compost heap - assuming someone doesn’t have a more creative use for them.

Charlotte Dover
👍

Fri 24 Apr 2020, 19:07

Hi all, does anyone know of someone who could make use of quite a few egg cartons?  We seem to be gathering them and I would rather not just send them for unnecessary recycling if possible. Are the any suppliers who would appreciate having some back even if not their brand?

In Central Charlbury, happy to drop off or organisepickup. p

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.