Jigsaw Swap

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 18:10

We now have some puzzles ready to give out. If you would like some, please ring the centre on 811878

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Thu 23 Apr 2020, 17:07

If you can donate any puzzles, it would be ideal if you could just leave them in the lobby of the Community Centre (outer door is open 9-5 weekdays and 9-12 weekends).

If you need someone to pick them up, please email info@charlburycommunitycentre.org.uk and we’ll organise a volunteer. 

Tanya Stevenson
👍 2

Thu 23 Apr 2020, 16:07

Why would that be necessary Jean? The virus does not stay alive on any surface for more that 72 hours and on paper and card, about 12 hours I think. So you could leave it aside for a few days, then do it. If you wanted to...

We will be quarantining all donated puzzles for 3 days before letting them out as well.

Jean Adams
👍 1

Thu 23 Apr 2020, 15:50

I think I might have difficulty completing a Jigsaw wearing rubber gloves.

Tanya Stevenson
👍 1

Thu 23 Apr 2020, 15:34

We feel it is safe to offer to take jigsaw puzzles to people along with their shopping when volunteers shop for people in isolation. So we are appealing for donations of adult jigsaws. (If you would like the puzzle back, put your name and address inside the lid and we'll do our best, though can make no promises about that).

And if you'd like to borrow a puzzle you will soon be able to pick one up on your daily walk or when shopping at the Co-op (please don't make a special trip), or have one delivered with your shopping or prescriptions if you are self- isolating and using the Community Centre's service.

You will need to ring the centre on 811878 so we can leave them out for you or organise your volunteer to bring you one.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.