Walks around Charlbury

Helen Holwill
👍

Fri 17 Apr 2020, 21:43

Thank you!

Tony Graeme
👍 1

Fri 17 Apr 2020, 09:13

A few patches of bluebells now among the anemones in Dean Grove (themselves well worth seeing) and plenty (visible from the path) in Little Wood, just beyond Greenhill Copse on the Ox. Way.

Lynn Gorton
👍 1

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 22:40

Bluebell woods on the 'Walkers are Welcome'  circular walk around Ditchley

John Munro
👍 1

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 22:17

There were loads of bluebells along the Stonesfield Way yesterday 

Ali Ross
👍 1

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 22:00 (last edited on Fri 17 Apr 2020, 00:15)

There’s a small wood on the footpath between Cornbury and Finstock, at the brow of the hill as you approach the dip before the Witney road. Lovely little patch of bluebells every year. 51°51'03.1"N 1°28'45.3"W

Cotswold Property
👍 1

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 21:58

Chilson Hill

Helen Holwill
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 21:53

Does anyone know if there are any bluebell spots that are walkable from Charlbury?

John Dora
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 21:45

I do agree - have done some walks that I haven't been on for over a decade. The weather has helped.

John Munro
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 21:42

We are so lucky to live in such a lovely area with immediate access to the surrounding countryside - almost feel guilty that it has taken the virus to get us out on these walks and reacquaint ourselves with what we have on our doorsteps 

Pat Court
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 21:01

Agree John, we have retraced well known routes and found some new ones during the last 3 weeks. Well signed and amazing scenery. 

John Munro
👍 3

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 20:12

Over the last couple of weeks, Lesley and I have tried each day to find a different route for our daily exercise, finding and using as many of the local footpaths and bridleways as we can. Most of these walks have been between 3-5 miles in length and I have today uploaded them to the Viewranger website (https://www.viewranger.com/en-gb) in case others might be interested, or are running out of your own ideas!

There are also quite a few others who have uploaded their walks to the website.

View Ranger also has a App for your smartphone so that you can follow the routes on your mobile and make sure you are walking in the right direction!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.