Bench - removed or stolen

stephen cavell
👍 1

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 14:17

I have just replaced the sign (under instruction) - tied on to the tree with string.  Lets hope the phantom sign thief does not strike again.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 11:52

Thanks, Tony. I had a recollection of having seen that sign, but then started to wonder if this isolation was getting to my memory.

Tony Graeme
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 11:26

The sign was posted, Steve, but disappeared. Whether by weather or human hand I know not

stephen cavell
👍 1

Thu 16 Apr 2020, 11:13 (last edited on Thu 16 Apr 2020, 11:15)

I have been asked to put this posting up by my wife Trish Cavell

The seat was taken away some 3 months ago - surprised that its absence has taken so long to be noticed! A sign should have been put up reading thus. 

"THE WI HAS ARRANGED FOR THE SEAT TO BE REFURBISHED I N COMMEMORATION OF THE OF THE ORIGINAL CHARLBURY WI FORMED IN 1919" 

The Charlbury WI was reformed  some 10/12 years ago. 

Watch the vacant space for the return of the refurbished bench.

John Werner
👍 1

Wed 15 Apr 2020, 21:32

Glad to hear that as that has been my favourite bench around the town👍

Jackie Hague
👍

Wed 15 Apr 2020, 19:24 (last edited on Wed 15 Apr 2020, 19:25)

Charlbury WI has arranged for the bench to be renovated/repaired.  The carpenter has taken it away to do the work.  The Town Council was informed that this would be happening.

Mark Sulik
👍

Wed 15 Apr 2020, 18:25

At the intersection of Dyers Hill and Church Lane - I have noticed the bench is no longer on the small area of grass area. Anyone have any ideas of what has happened - or the need to report this to the Town Council , or the Police ? 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.