Drones

Diana Limburg
👍

Mon 13 Apr 2020, 08:56

Unlikely it's a police drone, as we saw it being landed in Woodfield Drive. Not seen it since, so hopefully it's 'exercised' more remotely now

Charlie M
👍

Sun 12 Apr 2020, 23:41

Police drones that I have seen pictures of are considerably more complex (and larger) devices, usually having 5 or 6 rotors (presumably to allow them to carry the camera "payload"), and are usually dark coloured. The one seen locally was white, and had only 4 rotors, so I think it unlikely that it was a police device.

claire metcalfe
👍

Sun 12 Apr 2020, 20:42

I have seen something earlier on a fb local site of a drone over middle barton enstone woodstock. Some of the comments on there was maybe police? 
i am not saying it was or not. But it would be a way of the police looking for gathering etc 

Charlie M
👍

Sun 12 Apr 2020, 12:59

Agreed, Nadine, and - as Paul says - also illegal. 

I suggest that we all keep an eye open and try and discover where it is launched from, and then ask those concerned to DESIST!

NADINE MILLS
👍 1

Sun 12 Apr 2020, 12:40

It’s flown over Marlborough Place several times in the last week or so - like an annoying gnat! Spoiling the new quietitude- shame really. 

Paul J Jackson
👍 2

Sat 11 Apr 2020, 23:08

I quite agree, Charlie. Quite apart from the privacy issues, it's illegal to fly a drone within 50m of another person or their property. 

Alex Flynn
👍 2

Sat 11 Apr 2020, 23:01 (last edited on Sat 11 Apr 2020, 23:02)

Even though this has not affected me, I would like to support Charlie on this one. I can appreciate his annoyance especially during a lockdown.. 

Charlie M
👍 3

Sat 11 Apr 2020, 22:12

I know that I am not alone in having seen a white drone being flown in the area of Dancers Hill and Woodfield Drive several times over the last few days.

I have no idea if this drone had a camera on it; whether it did or not, the noise is quite disturbing, and if it *did* have a camera, I would say that it is an invasion of privacy.

If the drone is yours, perhaps you could do us a favour and JUST fly it over your own house and garden.

Thank you!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.