Gerard (Gerry) Appadoo

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Tue 14 Apr 2020, 10:27

Gerry was an extraordinary man, and we are very sad to hear this. We are sending condolences to Gill and Jo, and to the wider family. Gerry brought so much to the community and he will be remembered with respect and fondness by us and so many others here. 

Dave Oates
👍

Mon 13 Apr 2020, 18:30

This is such sad news  - Gerry was a true gentleman in every sense of the word. My deepest condolences to Jo and Gillianne

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 10 Apr 2020, 10:21

We got to know Gerry when we moved here in 1983.  Lovely man and will be sorely missed.  I remember him telling about Mauritius when we said we were going there for our 30th anniversary.  RIP Gerry and love to all the family xx

John Dora
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 21:48

Sad news. My condolences to Gerry's family. Gerry was always enthusiastic and knowledgable when he worked on my cars  since 1990 when I moved here. RIP.

glena chadwick
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 17:37

Dear Gerry--a lovely kind man---always helpful and friendly.

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 17:17

That is very sad news, and I send my heartfelt condolences to his family. 

clare shakya
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 17:10

We are all so devastated at Gerry’s loss - particularly that it happened at this time. And send our warmest thoughts and heartfelt sympathies to his family. Clare, Deep, Siddhi and Kanchen

Charlie M
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 16:56

Gerry was one of the first people who I met quite soon after my arrival in Charlbury in 1995.

He was a very kind, good, gentle and generous human being. An example to us all, in fact.

Farewell, Gerry.

Nick Johnson
👍 1

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 16:02

Lovely, lovely man

Meryl Smith
👍 6

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 15:00

The many friends, colleagues, customers and other community members who knew Gerard (Gerry) Appadoo, the founder of Charlbury Garage, will be sad to learn of his death on Sunday, 5 April 2020 – see the family’s message in the News section of this website.

Gerry was a popular and well-respected member of the Charlbury community and I, for one, have been very grateful for his contribution as the founder of the invaluable asset we still have in Charlbury Garage.

Gerry’s courtesy, quiet humour and charm will be greatly missed.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.