Charlbury Station Parking Fine

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 14:56

Pleasure Christine, although the purpose of my post was to raise awareness.

Turns out that others have had problems with Apcoa - they've emailed me privately.

I'm in a "double bind" here as our car is on a Consumer Hire Contract with Honda, and its terms and conditions state that  (reasonably in my view) if there is a parking fine I should pay it, not Honda.

Honda also apply an admin fee of £12 plus VAT each time they email me.

So Apcoa's incompetence is beginning to cost me money.  Also, its Terms and Conditions (which I accept) say that if I don't pay the penalty, it will pay it and charge me.  With an admin fee of course.

I shall sort this out and report back to the community.  But not until next week.  Neither Apcoa or Honda seem to observe religious occasions.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 14:03

Thanks for the warning, Hannen! On going to the Apcoa Connect website, I discovered that the system has changed, and without any notification. 

It turned out that I had no credit or debit card registered for Autopay, even though I had updated my card details with Apcoa Connect relatively recently. Now you have to sign up for a contract with the very few places that still allow Autopay. 

Charlbury Station is still a listed designation, so I now have a contract for parking at the GWR stations (which include Hanborough, Didcot Parkway & Worcester Parkway, but not Kingham, Oxford or Moreton). The places are listed on the email once you sign up.

I am really missing the facility to autopay for parking at Oxford Parkway and also at Water Eaton, so I know it's something that I want. 

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 11:03

Hi Nicola!

I parked there to take a train to Oxford.  I've never checked (until today) to see if the fee was taken.  Previous parking fees were taken and are recorded.  But there is no record of a fee being taken on this occasion.

I suppose I shall just have to get on to APCOA to sort this out.

Really just wanted to know if anyone else had had a similar experience so that we could "compare notes".

Nicola Leyland
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 10:36

so what does this mean? you parked at the station and the normal and correct fee wasn't taken from your account as expected? Or didn't you park there at all?

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 10:12

As many of you know the car park charging is administered by APCOA.  

Two or three years ago I signed up to APCOA Connect so that the number plate recognition system would automatically deduct the charge from my debit card.

I have this morning received an email advising me of a parking fine incurred in February!  I've checked and it is genuine.  

I've also checked via the APCOA website and my Connect account is still "live" and the debit card registered has not expired.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I only park there occasionally so might simply terminate my Connect account and pay each time I park using an old fashioned method.  

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.