Local grocery and butchery suppliers?

Cheryl Hanrahan
👍

Sat 18 Apr 2020, 22:11

Bakers Butchers in Witney are delivering to Charlbury. We enjoyed a fantastic leg of lamb for Easter!

Liz Puttick
👍 1

Sat 18 Apr 2020, 17:58

Thanks, all for this v useful info. I see that Meatmasters do a whole range of other fresh foods and groceries, even wine, so tho' they have a min spend of £60 for free delivery that shouldn't be too hard to achieve and of course shared orders. Eat your heart out, Waitrose, who needs you!

Looks like Fir Farm is the one for serious meat eaters and you can even buy your own cattle! (thinks of various unused local fields...)

Wendy Bailey
👍 1

Sat 18 Apr 2020, 13:46

The butchers in Chadlington are excellent, I highly recommend them, easy to see if a customer is already in there before you go in as well so social distancing very easy.  

G Clarke
👍

Sat 18 Apr 2020, 13:03

Excellent, high quality, pasture-fed meat (and Simon Weaver organic cheese) from Fir Farm at Lower Swell: https://firfarm.co.uk/shop-online/

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Sat 18 Apr 2020, 12:08 (last edited on Sat 18 Apr 2020, 12:08)

Aldens Meatmasters are now delivering to all Oxfordshire postcodes - we had a delivery and it was excellent in both quality and price

clare shakya
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 17:14

The Bread Shed can supply bread to the self isolating in Charlbury on tuesdays or Thursdays. Contact deep on 07733360623 or further options on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/thebreadsheddeepbaked/

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Wed 8 Apr 2020, 15:50 (last edited on Wed 8 Apr 2020, 15:52)

The Curiosities Company here in Charlbury has bacon and a selection of SaltPig Charcuterie

https://thecuriosities.co.uk/shop

I'll refund postage costs for local OX7 3 post codes. 

John Dora
👍 1

Wed 8 Apr 2020, 15:06

Thanks All! Really helpful information.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Wed 8 Apr 2020, 10:37

Daylesford have extended their free delivery area to 10 miles. I think that includes much of Charlbury, at least if they go by the back roads. Minimum spend £30. Tel 01608-731680, between 9 and 12 (same day delivery). I haven't used it myself, but would be interested to know if others in Charlbury are allowed free delivery.

Their shop is still open, as is Wyatt's Farm Shop and Garden Centre at Great Rollright (but closed Easter Sunday). Wyatt's also deliver free to the self-isolating within 10 miles; but I think most of Charlbury will fall outside their range. Again, I would be interested to find out how others fare on this.

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 8 Apr 2020, 09:59

Church Lane Produce in Spelsbury have a stall where you can buy fresh veg and free range eggs.  Contactless only.  They have a fb page.

Birgit den Outer
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2020, 20:48

The best place is Chadlington deli, CQF, although I imagine Chadlington's local delivery team is very over stretched at the moment. You could try. From their newsletter: if you telephone them on 07541 235002, they will find a local volunteer who will collect your order from CQF and deliver it to you.

You will need to either email your order to shopchadlington@gmail.com or telephone them on 01608 676675. They will then tell you when it is ready for collection and you can pay by card over the telephone or by giving a cheque to the volunteer when they deliver.

And if you want to be a volunteer, Good Neighbours would love to hear from you (as would, I am sure, the Charlbury community centre). I am a regular customer and they helped us out last week, which was amazing. I will volunteer my services to them too once our self-isolation is finished. 

Kathryn Fairhurst
👍 1

Tue 7 Apr 2020, 20:09

Trev Beadle in Chipping Norton are delivering. If you have Facebook they have a price list, as well as some 'set' boxes of meat, or you can ring or email. Order before 1pm and they deliver the next day. We had a delivery today, and it's great.

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2020, 20:07

I’m not sure if you would call Oxford local, but you might try Aldens Meatmasters in Osney Mead. They are major suppliers to restaurants and colleges - and have vey cleverly diversified to provide meat and veg boxes. In Oxford they will deliver, but other postcodes you can click and collect and they will bring the boxes out to you in the car park

https://meatmaster.info

For the best fish, I would recommend Fresh Cornish Fish. We have been having their monthly fish box club for some time - it is fantastic. It comes from Newlyn overnight and the fish is the freshest we have ever had - and amazing value. Caught in Cornish waters by small boats.  They are now experiencing exceptional demand however..

https://www.fresh-cornish-fish.co.uk

John Dora
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2020, 19:43

Anyone know of local grocery and butchery shops that can deliver soon? The big shops are fully committed for months!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.