Noticing the difference... (Debate)

Christopher Betts
👍 2

Wed 8 Apr 2020, 20:42 (last edited on Fri 10 Apr 2020, 09:33)

As to the plastic, although Ocado is a great boon to the elderly just now, I do find its profligate use of plastic wrapping a trial, and don't think the abandonment of bottled water will make much difference. Nice that our local shops seem to prefer paper.

Jean Adams
👍

Wed 8 Apr 2020, 19:26

Various animals taking over the environment - I have noticed that.
I had a lovely collection of Tulips bought over the years from Bloms Bulbs .
This year the rabbits and Muntjac have eaten almost all of them. I am not best pleased.

Liz Reason
👍 2

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 19:26

'Normal' was damaging the planet almost beyond recovery.  Can we - are we willing - to create a new normal that gives us and the younger generations a more secure future?

Carl A Perkins
👍 2

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 18:12

I think that one positive out of this situation is that the environment is having a bit of time to recover. I’ve seen several pictures over the past few days of various animals ‘taking over’ urban areas and it brings great joy. I love that birdsong is all the more audible without all the traffic going through town

Liz Reason
👍 4

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 17:05

Almost traffic-free roads, quiet skies, bird song.  And Ocado has just announced that it has stopped delivering bottled water to allow it to make an additional 6000 deliveries a week. One small change (stopping selling something no-one in the UK actually needs) - one sizeable impact.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.