Police patrol

Hannen Beith
👍 4

Sat 11 Apr 2020, 04:29

Crikey Elaine!

Hats off to you!

And to the woman in her 80's whom I've seen buzzing around.

There are some doughty women about.  We have a neighbour who is 97 and who still goes for a daily walk.  She's lovely and always up for a chat.

Another neighbour who also goes out every day using her zimmer frame.   I don't know her age, and I was brought up not to ask such a thing.  Again, she is good for a chat.

I sometimes think that it's not the politicians who keep our world turning, but women like them. 

Elaine Newbold
👍 2

Sat 11 Apr 2020, 00:12

FYI  I commute on a motobike  each weekday from Witney to Charlbury as a key worker at the Co-Op   I   purchased  the motorbike to avoid using  the bus . glad to say not much traffic around  whilst  I am  getting used to a new bike !  

michele marietta
👍 1

Fri 10 Apr 2020, 18:04

The lady on the electric bicycle uses that as her only means of transport. She's a fixture! She works out adjacent to the fitness studio where I teach.

If it's who I think it is, she's pretty amazing. Hope I'm still riding my bike when I'm in my eighties!

Philip Ambrose
👍 1

Mon 6 Apr 2020, 09:22 (last edited on Sun 12 Apr 2020, 09:02)

While it is highly unlikely, there is always the possibility that a key worker or someone who cannot do their work at home might commute on a motor bike? 

The Charlbury TT route does seem blissfully quiet at the moment !

Laura Macy
👍

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 22:15

Ah. Bikers. Sorry I was thinking people on bicycles.

Steve Jones
👍 1

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 19:10

Motorcycling is not exercise.

Laura Macy
👍

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 19:08

From the Government website: 'one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household'

Hans Eriksson
👍

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 18:37

I saw three bikers on the Spelsbury Rd today. No police...

Steve Jones
👍

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 16:34

I'd noticed a few bikers out, and I doubt that counts as exercise and I have an off notion that somebody out on a sports bike on a sunny Sunday is probably not doing something essential like going shopping. It certainly doesn't count as exercise.

However, I did come across a lady on the Salt Way yesterday who must have been well into her 80s and was pootling along very slowly on an electric bicycle. She then turned up the Enstone road. I wonder if the police would have stopped her?

Rod Evans
👍

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 14:14 (last edited on Sun 5 Apr 2020, 18:04)

Just thought Forum readers would like to know, I watched earlier as a police patrol rider on Dyers Hill pulled in a biker and 'had a chat' with him.  I don't suppose it was about his noisy (motor) bike.  You have been warned!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.