Wilderness 2020 (Debate)

John Munro
👍

Tue 28 Apr 2020, 10:30

Nocturne also cancelled yesterday and trying to reschedule same artists for 2021 with tickets remaining valid if they are successful in reorganising

Further details about refunds in next couple of weeks

Philip Ambrose
👍

Tue 28 Apr 2020, 08:58

Blenheim Horse Trials in September also cancelled yesterday. Wilderness 2020 won't happen IMHO.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Wed 15 Apr 2020, 18:45

Cornbury has now cancelled, with its Director, Hugh Phillimore, saying that there will be no large music festivals this summer. Refunds available. 

Blenheim Nocturne and Wilderness yet to go ...

Paul Taylor
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2020, 09:26

They are now owned by live nation (ticketmaster) so with that amount of business very large amounts of money they will make some money even at low interest rate. Also people that paid for the Great Escape Festival are having difficulties getting their money back from them (documented on online) being told that the event is cancelled and basically the tickets weren’t returnable some got told the tickets would be exchanged for the following year.

Dave Oates
👍

Mon 6 Apr 2020, 15:05

I am intrigued by the comments about the ticket monies being in a high interest account. With the current interest rate at 0.1%, then even at the best currently available rates, they would be only making 1.21% interest so hardly "high". 

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 6 Apr 2020, 12:36

This is the Email I sent to Charlotte and her reply.

Hello trust your well I am contacting you as to find out what your plans are regarding The Wilderness Festival as it’s not just the weekend July 30th - August 2nd all the build up to the event with the Coronavirus as a local which you know I would prefer that we know now your plans. Life’s over profit.

Thanks Paul.

Hi Paul,

At the moment Wilderness Festival 2020 is still proceeding as planned. Of course, the safety of our artists, festivalgoers, local residents and staff is, as always, our top priority and planned for accordingly. Rest assured we are working closely with the government and local authorities to come to the best decision for Season Ten and the incredible local community is, as always, a key consideration in our planning process.

All the best,

Paul Taylor
👍 1

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 18:01

K Harper is probably right wilderness are going to make money the longer it’s in their bank. It’s turns out music festivals aren’t covered by insurance for a Pandemic so the longer they keep the money the better for them.

Steve Jones
👍 1

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 16:55

"will be residing in high interest account somewhere"

If such a thing as a high interest account actually exists somewhere, then please give me the details. My mother used to tell me of such things, but I think they are mythical, like unicorns.

K Harper
👍

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 16:35

Meanwhile all ticket sale monies will be residing in high interest account somewhere. . . 

Steve Jones
👍 1

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 14:14

I wouldn't get too alarmed about this. Wilderness (and similar festivals) will reach a point a few months before the event when they have to commit large sums of money for preparations, booking equipment and so on. If they are not certain that they can run the event, then they will cancel or else they will be faced with a very large financial loss.

I suspect that decision will be made at least 2 months before the event, and perhaps earlier.

Ultimately it will be whatever the government rules will be that governs whether events like this go ahead, and if there's uncertainty in the air about mid-May (which I think likely), then I suspect you'll see it cancelled. That is the most likely outcome in my view unless something radical happens with the progression of the COVID-19 epidemic in this country.

Paul Taylor
👍

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 13:28

It’s not just the weekend 30th July-Aug 2nd it’s many weeks leading up to the wilderness building the stages etc you won’t have a clue of the health of these people. This should be band for this year and return all moneys there is some locals involved in dealing with the festival and they should be seen to do something towards getting this event stopped for 2020. Life’s over money and profits.

Christine Battersby
👍 2

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 11:32

There's a mention of Covid-19 on Wilderness' Facebook page, but that's all. 

I find it rather outrageous that Wilderness are now selling tickets for some wellness "experiences". These tickets are non-refundable, although the main tickets to the Festival are refundable. NB it still says local tickets can be bought at the Community Centre which surely can't be correct.

Tickets for Cornbury Festival & Blenheim Nocturne Concerts are also still on sale, although at least they make the Covid-19 information more prominent, and say that all tickets are refundable.

I am assuming that none of these events will go ahead; but that for insurance reasons they can't yet be cancelled.

Carl A Perkins
👍

Sun 5 Apr 2020, 09:29

Yes, surprisingly you can still buy tickets on the Wilderness website. Not even a mention of the current situation!

Jean Adams
👍

Sat 4 Apr 2020, 20:17

Wilderness has not yet been cancelled.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.