A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR LOCAL SHOPS

Rosemary Bennett
👍 3

Sat 4 Apr 2020, 13:12

Agreed with all, and many thanks to the Deli staff also.

Hannen Beith
👍 4

Sat 4 Apr 2020, 13:01

John at Londis is going strong.

Lots of stuff in there that isn't at the Co-op.

stephen cavell
👍 2

Sat 4 Apr 2020, 12:25

No one ever mentions Five Ways Store?  Any one at that end of town can let us know how they are coping?

Hannen Beith
👍 4

Sat 4 Apr 2020, 09:55

Agree.

Also the Posties and all who have continued to work at Royal Mail.

Christine Battersby
👍 6

Sat 4 Apr 2020, 09:50

I completely agree, and I would also like to add my thanks to my milkman, Steve Willis, of Milk & More. He has been looking after Charlbury residents from the time that Charlbury Dairy made the deliveries, and in fact even before. I believe there is now another Charlbury milkman as well.

Sadly, Milk & More are not taking on any new customers in the current crisis; much of what they have on their website is out of stock (or turns out to be when the order is delivered); and also their means of billing & giving refunds means that much patience is necessary. But the milk (and much more) has been delivered with regularity and with a huge amount of care. A lovely fruit box arrived last night, for example. 

Milk & More's milkmen are having a well-deserved break on Easter Saturday and Easter Monday. They certainly deserve it!

NADINE MILLS
👍 2

Sat 4 Apr 2020, 09:31

I totally agree - it’s not easy for staff in the current climate but they seem to have risen to the challenge. I even managed to get some eggs yesterday. Now only one adult per household allowed in the shop, which makes sense as other supermarkets are doing the same. 

Jim Holah
👍 2

Sat 4 Apr 2020, 09:17

Hear hear, a remarkable job in a small working space to keep it stocked & available to us.  

sharon harris
👍 12

Sat 4 Apr 2020, 08:04

On behalf of our town I would like to say a huge thank you, to you John and your staff and all the staff working in the mid-counties coop. we are very thankful for you hard work and dedication at these really hard times.We really do appreciate you all. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.