Raising money during these difficult times

John Partington
👍 1

Mon 1 Feb 2021, 09:39

Since I posted about this ten months ago, I'm delighted that our auction company has been able to raise several thousand pounds for Charlbury residents.  We're especially glad to have been able to help some people for whom these times have been particularly difficult.

A problem we've faced is that until recently our live auctions generally haven't handled items worth less than about £50.  That's changed, and we're also now running bi-monthly internet sales for items expected to fetch £20 or more.  As with the main sales we operate a no-sale no-fee policy, and we look after all the photographing, describing and mailing for you.  Our latest sale, ending this week, is here.

Let me know if we can help you sell anything, but please note that in these constrained times we're generally unable to sell furniture.  And please feel free to contact me for a confidential no-obligation discussion about how best to raise money from any of your possessions.

John Partington
👍 1

Fri 3 Apr 2020, 11:22 (last edited on Fri 3 Apr 2020, 17:45)

Although Mallams and many other auction-houses have closed for the foreseeable future, it may help you to know that British Bespoke Auctions (a Cotswold family-owned business who have recently opened an agency in Burford & Charlbury) are still selling very successfully online.  Their auction this week attracted as much interest, and as high prices, as ever.

We're keen to help our clients all the more during the current crisis, and can arrange online valuation and safe collection of, and speedy payment for items.  In addition to next month's sale of collectables, antiques & jewellery we're also consigning for a special auction of books.

If I can help with confidential advice on any aspect of raising money from your possessions, please contact me on 01993 685284 or burford@bespokeauctions.co.uk.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.