Fresh yeast available at the deli

Liz Puttick
👍 1

Thu 2 Apr 2020, 18:23

Who stockpiled all the yeast? Don't worry, bread-lovers, I have a solution

Suzy M-H
👍

Thu 2 Apr 2020, 17:53

How about yeast? Struggling to get that. 

Stephen Andrews
👍

Thu 2 Apr 2020, 14:31

Liz has just been in the Deli, there is plenty of flour, they have self-bagged a sack full of it, so save yourselves a journey out of town

Jim Holah
👍

Thu 2 Apr 2020, 13:45

Matthew's strong bread flour in at Chippy coop this morning.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Wed 1 Apr 2020, 23:21 (last edited on Wed 1 Apr 2020, 23:24)

Yes, Deli first, but if they run short or you need more interesting flours you could try Wessex Mill (but their site notes overloading and some sort of restricted hours) or FWP Matthews (whose site is also noting limited hours due to heavy volume). They both offer shipping, but with the latter (at least as of a couple of weeks ago) you can collect at the mill--go through reception to the stairwell and collect your box (or sacks) with no human contact at all.

Kim Sale
👍

Wed 1 Apr 2020, 21:22

I noticed that Shipton Mill are open (restricted hours) and will deliver bread flour.

Eileen Hipgrave
👍

Wed 1 Apr 2020, 14:38

Thanks Andrew. I have contacted them

Andrew Chapman
👍

Wed 1 Apr 2020, 13:53

Check with the Deli - they have been stocking it regularly. I recommend signing up to the Deli's email mailing list - you can sign up to that, as well as see news updates, here: http://charlburydeli.cafe

Eileen Hipgrave
👍

Wed 1 Apr 2020, 13:46

Does anyone have any strong plain or strong wholemeal bread flour that they don’t need ( no pun intended)  or know where any is available? I have been trying for 3 weeks to get some, but to no avail, I prefer to leave the shop bread on the shelves for people in need who are not able to make their own. Thanks 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.