Peter Bridgman

Andrew Lawson
👍 2

Sat 28 Mar 2020, 20:50 (last edited on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 20:51)

Will miss Peter so much.  He shared his knowledge always with a twinkle in his eye. A much-loved Charlbury personality

Roy Coates
👍 2

Sat 28 Mar 2020, 19:54 (last edited on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 19:56)

Among his other interests Peter was an active member of the Chipping Norton and Area U3A. He participated in many of their activities and was the leader of the Gardening Group and also the Music Group; many of those meetings being held in his own house. He was an active member of the Personal Finance Group whilst it was still in existence, and a current member of the Play Reading Group. There are possibly other groups to which he belonged of which I am unaware. His spread of interests and his enthusiastic participation across so many community activities was truly immense. 

John Dora
👍 1

Sat 28 Mar 2020, 18:17

Really sorry to hear about Peter, a great Charlburian. RIP. 

Kate Smith
👍 4

Sat 28 Mar 2020, 15:54

I have a beautiful Mlle Cecile Brunner rose which grew from one of Peter's plants, which makes me think of him every time I walk through my garden - and I'm sure that many of Charlbury's gardens like mine are the richer not just from his plants but his generous sharing of gardening knowledge; that's a good legacy!

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Sat 28 Mar 2020, 15:44

I am so sad to hear this. My condolences to his family. I watched Peter from my window many, many times when he was gardening on Pooles Lane. He was so kind and generous with his knowledge, and I learned a lot from him over many years. He will be sadly missed.

Nick Johnson
👍 7

Sat 28 Mar 2020, 07:03

Peter was the most knowledgeable man about gardening I ever knew. The African proverb is true " when an old man dies, a library burns to the ground"

stephen cavell
👍 2

Sat 28 Mar 2020, 07:00 (last edited on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 07:03)

Peter & I worked together as trainees with the Ministry of Agriculture for two years on the Rosewarne Experimental Station in Camborne Cornwall between 1967 and 1969 - yes 50 years ago - remet here in Charlbury 40 years later.  Peter RIP Steve & Trish

Jody O'Reilly
👍 2

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 21:57

Very sad news. My thoughts with and condolences to his family. He was a lovely man, so welcoming when we were new to Charlbury. 

Jim Holah
👍 2

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 18:09

Very sad to hear of Peter's death, an excellent gardener with a fabulous sense of humour.

Hannen Beith
👍 3

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 17:34 (last edited on Fri 27 Mar 2020, 17:53)

The virus is certainly here.  I know of at least two who have had it.  They are recovering.

So sad to hear of Peter's death.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 2

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 17:21

So sorry to hear this.  Knew him and his wife Audrey ever since we moved here (over 36 years).

Nicola Leyland
👍 3

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 16:00

I'm so sorry to hear this, Peter was such a valued member of Charlbury society.

Tanya Stevenson

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 15:40

It is with huge regret that I have to inform you of the death of Peter Bridgman. He contracted Coronavirus and was taken into the JR with breathing difficulties on Tuesday. He died yesterday. He will be greatly missed.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.